I made all my listings good till cancelled, have I made a mistake?

From what I have read, it would seem that Good till cancelled is not as simple as it seems.

I have gathered that when they roll over, they come off your allocated free listings. If this is the case, I am going to be up for a large bill when they start rolling over.

I just thought I would confirm this, if it's true, then I better cancel them all and make them 30 day listings with 3 x free relists.

I appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: I made all my listings good till cancelled, have I made a mistake?

If you have 40 free listings, and 80 allowed sales.

The first 40 Good till cancelled .. are free,

If you sell 1, then you have 39 free listings left that month, which will roll over.

If you list another one to go to 40 within that month. Then that 1 listing will be charged an insertion fee, and you still have 79 left to sell.

I think that is right.

I have gathered that when they roll over, they come off your allocated free listings. If this is the case, I am going to be up for a large bill when they start rolling over.

You are still restricted to a limit, so I am not sure what they mean.

If you want to list more free, you need to wait till the next month, otherwise you will be charged an insertion fee.

I always keep a few free listings in the kitty.

Message 21 of 49
Latest reply

NO, that is not right. STOP giving information that you have no idea about. You were told that already.

Message 22 of 49
Latest reply

I dont get how they can list 510 items and onyl 40 free.

So odd.

you only get charged the insertion fee once with good till cancelled regardless if it rolls over.

Not every month.

hmm interesting. So, if I list items for free in a promotion,  the next month out of the promotion I am charged.

I find this odd..

Message 23 of 49
Latest reply

@lozzagreat wrote:

hope you can help me too.

when I listed an item a little while ago i was surprised to find "good til cancelled" and thought great, so i used that. Now after reading these posts i have altered it back to 10days. The 30 days was also there, but is there some bad things happening with that? I have read that non-store holders can only have up to 10 days.

Until recently non store holders could only list "buy it nows" or BINS for 10 days. Occasionaly glitches would include the 30 day term in the options, but any time I tried to use it, I would either get charged the normal listing fee or get an error message. Basically it did not work.

Recently ebay have started offering 30 day and good till cancelled options to non store holders. Sellers are not charged listing fees on 30 day BINS if they fall within  the normal 40 free listings per month for non store holders or if used in conjunction with the current 150 or unlimited freebies offers which have links on threads in the sellers forum. If Good to cancelled is selected, sellers will be charged listing fees when they roll over if there are more then 40 of them. The first 40 will use up your next months 40 standard freebies.

Message 24 of 49
Latest reply

You do NOT only get charged once for good till cancelled. You've been told that multiple times too. If you have no free listings left you get charged each time they roll over. So, if 100 are listed with this current promotion, 60 will be charged when they roll over next month. 

Please write this down so you don't forget when you give the wrong info next time. Sheesh.

Message 25 of 49
Latest reply

Hmm interesting.

So, what is the point of being able to list more items.

You have to wait for a promotion, and then remove them?

Message 26 of 49
Latest reply

Thanks for the tip.

This guy said it well

Step by step information for finding how many free listing you may have on eBay.

This took me for ever to find, as most current information posted is incorrect, or is just not current with the 4-19-2014 software.

Fisrt off i have a ebay store, this should not effect all serches for the free listing in your eBay account.

Good luck.

#1 make sure your signed in to your account

#2 Go to top RIGHT of home page and hover mouse/arrow over (MY eBAY) This is located above the big blue search button.

#3 Under MY eBay, in the drop down catagory, click on (SELLING)

#4 Selling page will load, look to the LEFT of selling page.

#5 On the LEFT side of page, you will want to go all the way down to the area/boxed that reads ( SELLERS TOOLS )

#6 In the sellers tools boxed area, click on ( VEIW MY EBAY SELLING) Back to basics in small print underneth.

#7 You will be taken to the next page. ( ALL SELLING ) Scroll to bottom of this page to ( PROMOTIONAL OFFERS)

#8 In the promotional offer area, you will, or should see the free listings used, as well as remaining.

Message 27 of 49
Latest reply

No. Most non store sellers list for 7 or 10 days or more recently 30 days and use the3 free relists. By the time the relists are over it's a new month so they relist them again manually. If they run out of free listings the unsold ones sit in the unsold area waiting to be relisted another time. Either next month or next freebie promotion. 

Message 28 of 49
Latest reply

That sounds like a lot of work.

I get what you are saying.

Scarey trap to get caught in.

Would ebay wave the fees if you called and said you did not realise?

Message 29 of 49
Latest reply

I doubt it. That's why a non store seller is better using 30 day listings with 3 free relists if they take advantage of a freebie promotion. 

Message 30 of 49
Latest reply