I sold an item to a US based customer.I sent with skippy post using tracking. Item disappeared.

Ebay refunded customer even though I had a certificate showing item was delivered. I then see the same 1 of a kind item for sale by the same buyer.

I notify eBay and they do nothing? WT.  Do I have a legal case against ebay considering I notified them while the item was online and they still refused to help me. Even though I told them my item was stolen by the same buyer who relisted it? The buyer told me they never got it and sent me threatenong messages that eBay refused to adress? How is it eBay only helps buyers?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: I sold an item to a US based customer.I sent with skippy post using tracking. Item disappeared.

I'd contact eBay Customer Service and request a call-back. Have all the relevant details ready - your original item number, the buyer's item number for the re-sale.

You have the buyer's contact details - address, etc. Maybe something can be done with those off-eBay...

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Re: I sold an item to a US based customer.I sent with skippy post using tracking. Item disappeared.

I believe there is a way to report these scammers to the federal authorities in the US, perhapps try googling or somebody who knows the details may be along later.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

You will probably get more help from the FBI than you will from ebay...they are the authority in the USA that handles cyber crime.

Find the office that you think is the nearest to where your buyer is and give them a ring.  If the phone number does not come up when you find the office try the online phone number lookup....it works the same as ours.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply