I sold an item with no accept return. Buyer asked to return and refund.

I sold an item with no accept return. Buyer asked to change the item color and then asked to return and refund. Ebay refunded to buyer with no return the item and even asking me anything. How can I contact to ebay about no accept return items? 

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You will need to provide a bit more information to get an accurate answer. I note you have " no returns ' on your item listings, so it would seem this case has gone through the resolution centre process. Did you send the correct colour as ordered by your buyer ? If a different colour was sent the buyer could open an " item not as described INAD claim. You should have recieved messages through ebay messages alerting you to the claim and giving you 4 days to respond. If you did not respond the buyer can ask ebay to step in and refund them, sometimes without returning the item.

What is of more concern is that if this has occured ebay will record a mark against your account for not resolving the issue and the buyer asking ebay to step into the resolution process. One more of those in the next 12 months and your selling account could face restrictions and lowered visibility in searches, meaning your selling days on ebay could be over.

My advice is to check your past messages re. a claim through the resolution centre and also go to the resolution centre to see if any cases have been closed. If they have, it would pay to be very carefull about future claims and resolve them promptly before the buyer asks ebay to step in again.

If you sent the correct colour, it is probably too late to do anything now as ebay are very reluctant to re-open a case once it has been closed without the seller being involved.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Had the buyer chosen a colour which you didn't have...? Did you supply the item in a colour not chosen by the buyer?

If that is the case, then the item is SNAD (significantly not as described), and the buyer would have been entitled to a replacement or refund, with you being responsible for the cost of return postage.

Fortunately, your items appear to be low-value, so you would not have lost a lot of money... but if you have concerns about what happened, eBay's "Have us call you" option is by far the best way to get in touch with eBay. (Emails are useless, for a number of reasons, but primarily because the responses, when they are finally sent, are bot-generated.)

eBay say: We'll call you at the phone number registered to your account, or you can enter a different number.

We’re available from 8am to 10pm AET, 7 days a week.

Just remember, though, that if the buyer opened a replacement colour item (or requested a return with full refund), and you didn't satisfactorily resolve the issue within 3 days in the Resolution Centre, then the buyer could have asked eBay to step in. It sounds as though that's what happened in this case.

EDIT: SNAP, Chameleon!

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I had an "item not as described" case opened against me, and the buyer did not contact me first, they just lodged the dispute for return / refund.

They claimed the maxi dress they had purchased was too short and not a maxi dress. This dress is 147cm long, and the measurements were in the listing. It is certainly a maxi dress by both definition and measurement. There are even online maxi dress length calculators and for example, at my height of 5'7", wearing flat shoes, my ideal maxi dress length would be 139cm.

Anyway, so I responded and escalated the case myself, and yet ebay decided in the buyer's favour and asked them to return the dress at their cost and then the original costs would be refunded to them from my account.

I too have a no returns policy by the way. The buyer got around that by saying the item was not as described.

I was not happy with this, so I went onto the ebay live chat, spoke to someone, and found out that it is their policy to automatically class an item not described case as valid, have the buyer return the item, and once received in original condition, refund the buyer. THEN as a seller, you can appeal ebay's decision.

The live chat person agreed with me that this was a "remorse return" and the item was indeed as described, but they could not get around their policy.

So in my case, once I receive the item, I will appeal and receive my refund from ebay that they refunded the buyer. lol.

I'm still annoyed though, that I am expected to be financially responsible for the buyer's failure to check the measurements of this item.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Anyway, so I responded and escalated the case myself

Never, ever, ever, ever ask ebay to step in  EVER!

As the seller you will lose every time.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

My listing does not accepet return item which means buyer cannot ask for return or refund however I did send the right color to buyer. First she asked to send her another color as she order wrong color then when I told her to buy another one if you need different colors, she opened a case and said that she got wrong model and asked for return and refund. I did waste my time to send ebay email few times. Finally ebay refund her without my permision or nitice or return the item. EBAY DOSE NOT CARE ABOUT SELLER'S MONEY AND TIME. JUST THEY ARE LOOKING FOR THAIR PESANTAGE. I will stop selling on Ebay. 

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I agree. EBAY DOSE NOT CARE ABOUT SELLER'S MONEY AND TIME. JUST THEY ARE LOOKING FOR THAIR PESANTAGE. 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

No returns means no change of mind returns.

A buyer has a statutory right to a remedy for faulty goods if the seller is a registered business and selling new items. eBay have decided that all sellers have a duty to compensate a buyer if the goods are faulty.

Unfortunately, eBay very much side with buyers, so it is often easier to negotiate when there is a problem than to tell the buyer to buy another one.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply