IIem not received Paypal claim

Hi All,

Received a IIem not received Paypal claim last night, so of course Paypal has deducted the payment, which is several hundred dollars, so yes does hurt. Anyhow the item in question was delivered around a month ago, as shown by the DHL tracking, also shows was a attempted delivery the day before, but no one was fome to sign for it, so they would have left a card. 

Next day shows was delivered and signed ATL FRT DOOR, which i know means they gave DHL permission to leave the package at front door or were ever they nominated it to be left. Now doing that exempts all responsibility for DHL if package goes missing.

So as was a month ago, and had no contact from this buyer, suspect they tried the DHL routine, and possibly Ebay, have now open a Paypal claim.

So have sent the buyer a copy and paste of the tracking showing delivery via Paypal messaging.

Now question should i escalate this claim to speed it up, surely having full tracking showing delivery even to Paypal is enough to close this case in my favour.

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: IIem not received Paypal claim

Sounds like you should have PayPal protection as you can demonstrate proof of delivery.

But rather than escalate (where an actual human may not even look at the case) I would get on the phone and speak with a real CSR.

Draw their attention to the delivered DHL tracking status.

I'd would think it should be closed in your favour.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Sounds like you should have PayPal protection as you can demonstrate proof of delivery.

But rather than escalate (where an actual human may not even look at the case) I would get on the phone and speak with a real CSR.

Draw their attention to the delivered DHL tracking status.

I'd would think it should be closed in your favour.

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

Ok that worked sort of, customer rep investigated and ruled in my favour, happiness on my part for a minute, then recieved a email from Paypal to say case closed and ruled in favour of the buyer and refund sent to the buyer. **bleep**

So jump back on the phone to Paypal, another rep looks at case, yes was ruled in my favour, but previos rep pressed wrong button, so he assures me will fix that, even though i thought refunds are instantanous, anyhow as long as i get my money back will be happy with that.

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

So far has been a couple of hours now, no return of the pasyment, still showingv refund to the buyer, looks like this has backfired on me, not Happy Jan.

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

Good grief Smiley Frustrated

The could not organise a what-not in a whatsie, I swear

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

Ring them again and keep on their case.

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

Just rang them again, good thing have not got much on today, normally to busy to spend half a day on the phone to Paypal, apparently the system decided the tracking number was invalid ????, but the rep has escelated the claim, as she pointed out tracking is valid, now in the hands of the Paypal dispute team, so around 24 to 72Hrs before anything happens.

So i said has the buyer been refunded, she replied yes, but undertaking steps to recover that. 

I pointed out that does not send a good message to the buyer, as far as they are concerned at this point in time, one can make a Paypal item not recieved claim, even with tracking showing delivered, and get your money back no questions asked, to easy might do that on all our purchases. LOL

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

It does make you wonder what is going on

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

Ha ha yes the email stating that after careful condiseration the case was ruled in favour of the buyer 

What careful consideration !!!! was done immediatly by a non caring automated system. LOL

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

Who are they kidding?

Bots are not capable of considering anything Smiley Frustrated

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply