IIem not received Paypal claim

Hi All,

Received a IIem not received Paypal claim last night, so of course Paypal has deducted the payment, which is several hundred dollars, so yes does hurt. Anyhow the item in question was delivered around a month ago, as shown by the DHL tracking, also shows was a attempted delivery the day before, but no one was fome to sign for it, so they would have left a card. 

Next day shows was delivered and signed ATL FRT DOOR, which i know means they gave DHL permission to leave the package at front door or were ever they nominated it to be left. Now doing that exempts all responsibility for DHL if package goes missing.

So as was a month ago, and had no contact from this buyer, suspect they tried the DHL routine, and possibly Ebay, have now open a Paypal claim.

So have sent the buyer a copy and paste of the tracking showing delivery via Paypal messaging.

Now question should i escalate this claim to speed it up, surely having full tracking showing delivery even to Paypal is enough to close this case in my favour.

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: IIem not received Paypal claim

I'm not attempting to answer for fixnwear, because to date I have not heard of any instances where a refund (in error) to a buyer was deemed a debt and pursued as such.

I do know that both eBay and PayPal have the ability to reverse a refund (to a buyer) that was issued in error. Or more precisely, I know that eBay have done that in the past (eBay UK), and presume that if eBay can instruct PayPal to reverse a refund, PayPal are capable of doing it independently. 

Under which circumstances they may elect to reverse a refund is probably debateable, but I would expect that it depends on how long it has been since the refund was issued, whether the funds remain in the account, the type of error that was actually made that resulted in the refund, and so on.  

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

Ok looks as though the buyer also recieved a refund, as left a positive stating, item refunded due to item not recieved.

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

And who paid the refund in the end?   You, or Paypal?

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

Paypal as i got refunded as well.

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

Well, well, well.  Interesting.  Some thing for Fixnwear then, and I quote -

Was talking to PP about some stuff up (on my part, making a double payment to someone), and that came into conversation, their finance guy told me they no longer "just forget about it" when the buyer is awarded some money that they are not entitled to - PP takes it back from them as soon as the mistake is realized. Even if they are the ones who made that mistake.

Wonder if Paypal will chase the buyer for their money back?

Glad you were not out of pocket then, Paco

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

The buyer will be here next week whinging how they got arrested for getting a refund. No way would money ever be taken back from a buyer. They are even more untouchable than the Chinese.

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply