If only I could talk to the buyer

Hello.

Sorry if this is not the place to mention this.  Not sure if there is a place on the boards.

I used to work for a business that has a couple of eBay stores and I like to check the negative feedback of them for my own amusement.

The most recent negative feedback talks of a list of problems with the transaction and finishes up with thinking it's eBay's fault.  Knowing what I know, I know it's not eBay's fault in the slightest.

I was wondering how to write to eBay about the business and their dodgy practices and whether or not eBay would even give a hoot considering they're making money from them.

One main technique the business uses is when they can't get an item from a supplier (despite saying they carry stock, when they don't) they flag it as the buyer has requested the cancellation of the transaction.  It's a lie and they told me they do so to avoid problems and fees.  There's no request from the buyer to cancel the transaction in any messages.  I really think eBay should only present that option to the seller IF the buyer has made the cancellation request through them.  It's a flat out exploitation.

If I was to write to eBay about the business, do you think they would listen?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: If only I could talk to the buyer

oohhh....you're meddling.....but (be it on your head).....every item has a "report" button....use it at your discretion....be very sure of your facts if you're going to be a whistle blower 

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Not talking about a specific item.

I'm pretty sure of the facts considering I worked for the business.

I say again.  If I was to write to eBay about the business, do you think they would listen?

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

how long ago did you work for them?

If I was to write to eBay about the business, do you think they would listen?

IMO...probably not

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

I left in December.  Nothing has changed.

You only have to visit the warehouse to see they don't have the stock they reckon they do.

"IMO...probably not"  I'm thinking the same.  It's frustrating.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

your word against theirs....unless you have proof (on paper)

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Hope you have a good lawyer

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Thanks for being so negative.

It's easy to prove.  They leave themselves wide open by making false claims on their own websites.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

And thanks to you too for being so negative.

A bad lawyer could take them down they're that sloppy.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Engage one, then. A good one would be better, but you have to live within your means. Either way, you will lose - you aren't an affected party, your 'evidence' is hearsay, you haven't suffered any loss. Many other points, but those are the main ones.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply