Ikea Taking Down Genuine Listings Now?

I'm well aware of the VeRo program however, I am selling a sealed Doona set because I don't need it, Using my own photos, not theirs and it got taken down. I'm not price gouging it either, it was $12 cheaper than Ikea, I can't return it as its passed return period. Obviously this isn't my selling account. Any idea why this is the case now? My listing had been up for ages, wasn't in a rush to sell it knew it would sell eventually.

ikea.jpg

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Are you saying you did get Ikea's permission?

If not, then Ikea had every right to report the listing 

Message 2 of 43
Latest reply

No, I get that however

Have you searched IKEA on ebay? Heaps of listings, Seems unreasonable to me. Like most people resell products you know they no longer need on here, its not like im selling bulk quantities of them or some fake airpods. It was 1 doona set and there are other sellers with rip offs directly from their site. 

Sure I could give it away for free or donate it but just seems completely stupid when ikea supposed to be sustainable. 

I just think its a dangerous precedent if I or someone else wants to resell some used or unused clothes, might have worry if they are going to be taken down or not. 

Message 3 of 43
Latest reply

Ikea can't stop you selling one of their products, well not legally.

Message 4 of 43
Latest reply

On eBay or in general? Because I was going to say this is pretty unusual for eBay.

Message 5 of 43
Latest reply

And yet they have!!

Yes they do have property rights even in Australia.

wipo,  madrid treaty,  (even China is a signatory)

Message 6 of 43
Latest reply

No, it is not unusual at all, and some owners of property rights take it very serious and pay big money to protect their  rights.  Often going way over the top in doing so.

Message 7 of 43
Latest reply

They certainly do have property rights and copyright issues should enforced.

Message 8 of 43
Latest reply

I would have thought your own photos you had taken would be your property not the owner of the item being photoed. Maybe you can point us in the right direction for more information.

Message 9 of 43
Latest reply

Did you get an email address to contact. You can ask them why they complained.

Message 10 of 43
Latest reply