In response to Seller Release 14.1: Fun names for our fave conglomerate

I've seen greedy bay in the forums over the past few days.

I don't know if this one has been used before but I thought of feebay the other day.

Any others?

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

I believe feebay has only been used for the last 10 years, although it could be longer.

It you don't like the conglomerate there are options.

Denigrating them won't make a difference. I note you have been a member for at least 4 years and this is your first post. I didn't realise the boards were that hard to find.

My favourite one is - I don't like what they are doing to me but I still make more money here than I do on other sites. Sad, but true.

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

although you are taking the thread off-topic, i will address your comments.

you to assume too much. 

this is not my first post.

i have been a member using *this* profile for four years.  i have at various times had up to six profiles; buying and selling a variety of products. 

i am currently trading from only one account, slowly tying up loose ends with ebay, closing all but this account and moving to ETSY; one site ebay has yet to acquire. 

you're right dave, there are other options and i'm trying to do something about it. 

you and i sell very different items.  some of my items are very large and heavy.  yours fit into a satchel.  therefore our concerns are different.

i have been aware of the boards for over a decade.  i'm not naive.  just haven't felt so strongly about an ebay issue before this one.

protest does make a difference and over 550 signatories to the petition disagree with you.

i and many other sellers fought long and hard to have the majority of feature fees dropped from listings, lobbying ebay month after month, only to have this confusing fee introduced which makes costing an item accurately, impossible.

denigrating is a result of my utmost frustration.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Doo Wee, Cheetham and Howe.

(say it out loud to yourself)

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

love daffy 🙂

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

@solutions-plus-r-us wrote:

although you are taking the thread off-topic, i will address your comments.

you to assume too much. 

this is not my first post.

i have been a member using *this* profile for four years.  i have at various times had up to six profiles; buying and selling a variety of products. 

i am currently trading from only one account, slowly tying up loose ends with ebay, closing all but this account and moving to ETSY; one site ebay has yet to acquire. 

you're right dave, there are other options and i'm trying to do something about it. 

you and i sell very different items.  some of my items are very large and heavy.  yours fit into a satchel.  therefore our concerns are different.

i have been aware of the boards for over a decade.  i'm not naive.  just haven't felt so strongly about an ebay issue before this one.

protest does make a difference and over 550 signatories to the petition disagree with you.

i and many other sellers fought long and hard to have the majority of feature fees dropped from listings, lobbying ebay month after month, only to have this confusing fee introduced which makes costing an item accurately, impossible.

denigrating is a result of my utmost frustration.

Out of how many Australian sellers? Real ones?

And you are assuming I didn't sign, which may not be the case. Nevertheless, as you have admitted, you don't normally post on the boards. So you don't feel any need to share your vast experience with other members, only the need to bite the hand that has fed you in the past.

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

don't know if they're real or not. 

take that up with the gutsy ebay member who posted the petition.

i have no loyalty to ebay the corporation yet i support this community. 

that's why i have 6 collections promoting mostly other seller's products.

that's why when people ask me how i achieve a certain look on my pics that they like, i respond and post the answer in my listings for the whole world to see. 

i'm neither greedy nor selfish and i resent your accusatory implication.

if you want to passively take it from ebay go ahead.

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

http://forums.llli.org/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

lol

too cute

now ya try n have some fun but noooo some stalking troll's gotta come in sabotage the whole thread.

cheers ej 🙂

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

omg i actually found one.

embay - to trap or catch.

i'm such a nerd.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply