Interesting Description

Seems the 21 day hold is getting to people. Check the description of this listing 261803716453. 

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Interesting Description

Whilst his sales may not be as big as some sellers his feedback is all 100% positive.... The only scammer in this story is PAYPAL
Message 11 of 22
Latest reply

A 21-day hold on my cash would have caused insurmountable inconvenience - at the very least!

How about the 'inconvenience' of a buyer who is entitled to a refund but has to wait much longer if there is not enough in their Paypal account to cover the payment?

What about the inconvenience to Paypal who have to pay the refund out  if there are not enough funds in the seller's Paypal or bank account to cover it and they have to chase up payment?

In every case where the seller has complained to the Ombudsman their funds have been released so if anyone is in financial hardship then the inconvenience of a couple of minutes initiating the complaint must surely be well worth it.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 12 of 22
Latest reply

perfectly said junkie ,look everywhere there are rules like it or not except them or go elsewear ,if i go to your house and light up a cig 

and you say sorry my house is smoke free   thats your rules and if i wont to stay tere i have got to butt out my cig.

we all dont like all the rules but if we are going to use there products then you have to abide by them ,rules get changed when people abuse them   and thats why ebay has put a fee on mailing too many people abuse the system   selling an item for $1   and charging $79 delivery  well come on mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Message 13 of 22
Latest reply

Quote: "Excuses for not using paypal usually mean scammer"
So True
Except the scammer is:
Paypal
An unethical, morally bankrupt company
Instigate rules that are in contravention of Australian Consumer Laws
As soon as someone complains to the FOS
They run like a dog with their tail between their legs
The โ€œfaithfulโ€ seem to forget that the boss was
SACKED
By the shareholders
I reiterate:
Sacked by the eBay/Paypal Board due to his incompetent running of the company
Talk about being โ€œin denialโ€
Yet the โ€œfaithfulโ€ still try and defend the actions of someone who was sacked by the shareholders !
It is not over until the Fat Ladies post
Message 14 of 22
Latest reply

Rules are one thing but holding people to ransom to use their product is another .....You cant list an item unless you include PayPal as a payment method, there are many other safe methods of payment that don't constitute holding your money for 21 days. Just imagine the out cry if every other banking institution started holding funds for 21 days.
I do prefer bank deposit and while I have a freedom of choice as with buyers to use PayPal or bank deposit, preferring bank deposit does not make me a scammer, simply means less double dipping fees.
I have also experienced many buyers that also prefer and request bank deposit on my older ID accounts.
Its a shame that a few scammers make it sad for the honest hard working people that provide a great service.
Message 15 of 22
Latest reply

buyers have the option of how to pay they are not held ransom to use paypal  but if you use paypal thats there policy its simple 

what if somebody on there goods for sale say dont buy from whar-debb   you just cant say that 

Message 16 of 22
Latest reply

Well stated agree with you totally
Message 17 of 22
Latest reply

Off course buyers have the option to choose how they want to pay.
It is the sellers being held to ransom.... have you tried to list an item without using PayPal as an option ... RULES you don't get to list without using PayPal as an option and that is fine I will follow policy because I want to sell on eBay. I love eBay I have no complaints at all with the platform eBay have served me well for many years.
I sell on many different platforms and have never had to use PayPal if I don't choose to.
Not wanting to have PayPal as my choice of payment does not instantly classify me as a scammer, it quite simply means I'm not going on sit here like a good Lemming and pretend that the unscrupulous behavior of this so called money institution that holds my monies for their financial interest bearing gains is ok, It is not ok. My hold came out of no where the month of December Christmas sales are up and money I needed for my family for Christmas.... but no that didn't happen my hard earned money was sitting in someone else's account as with many others earning a handsome sum.... Why ????? because after 8 years of selling with a clean slate I just may be a scammer.
So yes I can say that
Message 18 of 22
Latest reply

Whatever the argument - this new seller will not be around for long.

A bidder can bid and the seller has no idea how they intend to pay until the item is won.

If the buyer pays via paypal, the seller MUST accept this and send the item, so if this newby seller refunds the buyer and cancels the sale then I imagine they are going to end up with one hell of a lot of BIG BOLD RED dots from any buyer unlucky enough to deal with them.

Old story, if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen - eBay and paypal protocol will trump ANY so called terms a seller chooses to add to the listing.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 19 of 22
Latest reply

Very True
Message 20 of 22
Latest reply