International Registered Mail inbound into the United States (Boycott)

Boycott Registered Mail, especially which is mailed to the United States. Just don't send any Registered Mail to the United States. Too much of US inbound international Registered mail is stolen in the United States and too many are returned labeled with yellow "NIXIE" labels which is a scam (*long story*) run by U.S.P.S. (United States Postal Service).

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

P.S. (After being hit with loss after loss after loss after friendly chargebacks**) I have now renamed the label "Registered Mail"  with "Pseudo-Registered Untracked Mail" to better reflect the "service" we and our customers receive from the so-called "registered" mail that is a mockery of its former self. ๐Ÿคก๐Ÿ‘Ž The order amounts available to be shipped via the so-called "registered" mail are now reduced to under $200 but in many cases just under $50. Theft of Registered mail is also on the increase within the European Union countries as well as notoriously in the United States. (Use of) Fully Insured Registered mail (where available) is encouraged.

** Friendly chargeback is when a customer ignores to purchase full insurance or a shipping method that costs more but fully protects the value of the shipment and orders the goods to be shipped via Registered Mail (label) and if the goods are lost they file a chargeback without even communicating with the seller to negotiate a fair settlement for both parties. That is a form of theft as well.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

And you have proof of this?

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Lots of proof and a lifetime experience.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

@banknotes_1 wrote:

Lots of proof and a lifetime experience.

Not sure if that will hold up in court.

But for others to take this seriously you need to present evidence,  rather than an I know everything comment.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

** Friendly chargeback is when a customer ignores to purchase full insurance or a shipping method that costs more but fully protects the value of the shipment and orders the goods to be shipped via Registered Mail (label) and if the goods are lost they file a chargeback without even communicating with the seller to negotiate a fair settlement for both parties. That is a form of theft as well.

What a load of rubbish. Insurance and/or a higher-grade shipping service protects the seller. If you want them to use it, don't offer cheaper services.

Simple

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

What are you shipping

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

I'm more wondering why they are in Portugal and instructing people in Australia to boycott anything 

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Why would I boycott the US on your say so, when most of my custom is to the US? NEVER had an issue. Then, I don't post untracked. If you choose to, than that's on you. If you offer both tracked and untracked, then of course a buyer is going to choose the cheaper option. I don't give my buyers the option. If you want the item, you pay for it. If it's over a certain amount, it's insured, you pay for it, it's included in the postage cost. 

Insurance covers the seller, not the buyer. If you want to insure something, that's on you. If a buyer doesn't get their item, then ebay is more than likely going to refund them from your funds. As a buyer, no way in a million years would I pay extra for insurance, because I know I'm covered should the item not arrive. Without insurance.

I will continue to send to the US.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Good idea perhaps.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply