Is ebay stopping people from seeing my items?

qball28
Community Member

I got 1 view in 7 days, for the thing Iโ€™m selling. Pretty ridiculous.๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ˜ก

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

". Pretty ridiculous."

Are you referring to your titles?

They may be one reason why you are experiencing a lack of interest.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

that's pretty mean - if you have a constructive suggestion on the OP's listing, give him an example of what you mean and what you would say instead.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@qball28 wrote:

I got 1 view in 7 days, for the thing Iโ€™m selling. Pretty ridiculous.๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ˜ก

Is ebay stopping buyers from viewing your item ???

Quite possibly. A few years ago ebay inserted a clause into the user agreement, ( that every seller agrees too ) stipultaing they have the right to not always show every listing in searches. Around 12 months ago, they announced changes to searches that would only show potential buyers a handfull of listings related to their search. I,m not sure what happened about this particular thought bubble. It copped a LOT of flack from both buyers and sellers and may have just quietly gone away, but it shows which direction ebay is headed.

The promoted listings thing would be having an impact on visibility. Sellers are being asked to pay extra final value fees in order to gain prefferential visability. It is starting to get a foothold and I have just tried it out on some of my listings for the first time. It may get to the stage where sellers build an extra 5% into listing price to cover promoted listings. Trouble is, if everyone does it, the seller will have to keep raising the promoted listing fee over time to get seen........ Very clever ebay !!!

The other problem though is that there are heaps of computer games out there in ebay land. Its always tough selling in a saturated market. Better to sell something that no-one else has.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Instead of this listing title:

8 ps3 games -Assassins creed 1, 2, brotherhood & revelations , 3;red faction etc

Try 

PS3 Games x 8 Assassins Creed 1 2 3 Brotherhood Revelations Red Faction Star Trek

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

@qball28 wrote:

Is ebay stopping buyers from viewing your item ???

Quite possibly. A few years ago ebay inserted a clause into the user agreement, ( that every seller agrees too ) stipultaing they have the right to not always show every listing in searches. Around 12 months ago, they announced changes to searches that would only show potential buyers a handfull of listings related to their search. I,m not sure what happened about this particular thought bubble. It copped a LOT of flack from both buyers and sellers and may have just quietly gone away, but it shows which direction ebay is headed.

Some searches are still being censored, seemingly at random, with the header

We removed some search results to show you the most relevant listings. View all results

In one search I just did, it showed only about 100 of the total 1030 listings which show when you click the View all results link..

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Ok, Iโ€™ll try this๐Ÿ˜€

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply