Is it even legal to charge a final valuation fee on postage ?

I use other platforms for selling as Ebay is not so popular in Australia anymore. I tried them again this week and it confirmed why i stopped i sold an item and on the postage fee Ebay has charged a final valuation fee. I do not even know if this is legal to do in Australia being they are not the transporting company or the seller. looks like i will only be buying from ebay and i feel sorry for all you people selling on here.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Is it even legal to charge a final valuation fee on postage ?

@markdivevic wrote:

I use other platforms for selling as Ebay is not so popular in Australia anymore. I tried them again this week and it confirmed why i stopped i sold an item and on the postage fee Ebay has charged a final valuation fee. I do not even know if this is legal to do in Australia being they are not the transporting company or the seller. looks like i will only be buying from ebay and i feel sorry for all you people selling on here.

Yes it is perfectly legal.  Thank god you intend to stick around as a buyer, as my buyers pay all my fees.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

@markdivevic wrote:

they hold your funds for 21 days ? why.

You've been a member since 2003 so they're unlikely to hold your funds, unless you didn't start selling for the first time until the last few years.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

@markdivevic wrote:

oh dear, mark, better sit down before reading further.

When you get your eBay fees invoice you are going to see that not only do you pay Final Value Fees on postage, but you will be paying 10% GST on the fvf eBay charge you on postage.

Better stay seated until you calm down now.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

@markdivevic wrote:

You've been a member since 2003 so they're unlikely to hold your funds, unless you didn't start selling for the first time until the last few years.

To access your money as soon as you receive it, you’ll generally need to become an established seller with us, and:

• Complete a minimum of 25 transactions
  • Complete transactions amounting to $250
  • Meet eBay’s minimum standards if you’re selling on eBay
  • Have at least 90 days passed since your first PayPal sale

Doesn't matter if you sold 3 years ago if you haven't sold within 90 days since your last sale then you will become a newbie.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply