Is there a way of sending a bought item to a buyer via free postage and still have a tracking number

Or can you only obtain a tracking number for an item you’re posting to a buyer via a postage service?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Is there a way of sending a bought item to a buyer via free postage and still have a tracking number

You will always be paying for postage either through AP or eBay postage labels, "free postage" really means the postage is included in the item price.

You will have lost money on most of your items with "free postage"

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Surely it has not taken 238 sales, for you to wake up to the fact that you have to pay for postage.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I use the green domestic tracked letters for certain items that fit into the A4 size. I think they cost around $5.50 and you get tracking, so it is cheaper than sending as a parcel. It's also made of fairly firm cardboard, so it offers protection.

Having looked at your items, I agree that you are losing money as your price/postage setup is not configured in your favour. If someone bids 99c and wins, you're literally losing money with any type of postage because one way or another, you're incurring the cost yourself and the price is not high enough to make any profit at all. Why would you send a 99c item as free postage for the buyer, but $9.15 for yourself?

It would literally be cheaper for you to give your stuff away.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

wow, I would love to know your secret, selling items for a dollar or 2 and offering free postage,  which at a minimum is going to be 5 to 10 bucks.  

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Plus fees......don't forget fvf's

So.......99c item.......free post..........    

imastawka_0-1627364508624.gif

Doesn't bear thinking about.

And that's a lot of items sold for that and not much more.

Any wonder they're having a  lot of sales.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

At those prices with free shipping you're actually paying people money to take your goods, not the other way around.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply