Is this a scam ?

item 171641527228

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Is this a scam ?

@horizon1907 wrote:

item 171641527228

All looks ok.$2.5K for this seems about right.

New seller who listed with auction & BIN price & has attracted new members as bidders so it's bound to end in tears.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Is this a scam ?

Haha great pocket bike for work.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Is this a scam ?

Looks OK to me, no reserve car auctions tend to jump in value in the last few minutes so you'll probably find it will go pretty close to the $2500 BIN price.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Is this a scam ?

When you search that catagory ( Pocket Bikes ) it's just littered with Scammers. Do ebay actually care about anything !!!! Reporting them is utterly useless.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Is this a scam ?

@horizon1907 wrote:

When you search that catagory ( Pocket Bikes ) it's just littered with Scammers. Do ebay actually care about anything !!!! Reporting them is utterly useless.

When searching price + postage,lowest first in pocket bikes 16 out of the first 120 or so items are either scam

items or are in the wrong category.

Reporting them via the listing seems pointless as nothing seems to ever change that way.

My watch list has 17 scam items on it,(listings from the 10th of Jan to the ones from today).

The latest one that was Naru'd this week had items that were reported in early December and ended up with 34

negs before they acted,(some of the feedback states: Liar, I never received the shipment, no protection from

paypal,item not received seller does not answer emails ebay says no buyer protection,Don't buy from this p***k,

there is no paypal protection, you'll lose your money.

So it's a negative effect all around,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Is this a scam ?

Just looks like a new seller not knowing the BIN disappears, thinking it a reserve.

image host
Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Is this a scam ?

It's a real shame Taz that eBay insists on shooting themselves in both feet - they hammer some sellers with defects and dsr's then shortly after restrict their selling abilities, yet allow free reign to blatant scammers (usually Chinese), then on the other hand they give no protection to inexperienced buyers that have been ripped off by those scammers (unless they know they can ring Paypal to open a case after talking to a supervisor).

For sellers the new Paypal rules and the MBG are a complete joke and will certainly see more and more buyers use them as a means to rip sellers off - the result will be and is more and more small to medium sellers jumping eBay's ship. 

Great thinking eBay - use as many "improvements" to the eBay experience as you can, then sit back and watch while you destroy the trading platform for newbie/inexperienced buyers (I'm sure they won't tell their mates about it LOL) and at the same time get rid of the vulnerable sellers with your inflexible terms and conditions. 

Apologies for highjacking the thread horizon, but I hate watching eBay slowly but surely self destructing by the actions of brain-dead CEO's and board members, I'm sure the shareholders must be loving every bit of it.........

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Is this a scam ?

@go-tazz wrote:

@horizon1907 wrote:

When searching price + postage,lowest first in pocket bikes 16 out of the first 120 or so items are either scam

items or are in the wrong category.

Reporting them via the listing seems pointless as nothing seems to ever change that way.

My watch list has 17 scam items on it,(listings from the 10th of Jan to the ones from today).

The latest one that was Naru'd this week had items that were reported in early December and ended up with 34

negs before they acted,(some of the feedback states: Liar, I never received the shipment, no protection from

paypal,item not received seller does not answer emails ebay says no buyer protection,Don't buy from this p***k,

there is no paypal protection, you'll lose your money.

So it's a negative effect all around,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

My point exactly go -tazz what is the point of even bothering to report them. Bug*** all is done about it. Why even have the "Report Item" buttons there in place ? They are Blatantly scams, but nothing ever gets done on this site. It's RIFE with BS from everywhere.  Just makes me laugh when you see Gowns listed in pocket Bikes etc etc and ebay just leaves them there. Any wonder ebay is on Skid Row.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Is this a scam ?

@padi*0409 wrote:

It's a real shame Taz that eBay insists on shooting themselves in both feet - they hammer some sellers with defects and dsr's then shortly after restrict their selling abilities, yet allow free reign to blatant scammers (usually Chinese), then on the other hand they give no protection to inexperienced buyers that have been ripped off by those scammers (unless they know they can ring Paypal to open a case after talking to a supervisor).

For sellers the new Paypal rules and the MBG are a complete joke and will certainly see more and more buyers use them as a means to rip sellers off - the result will be and is more and more small to medium sellers jumping eBay's ship. 

Great thinking eBay - use as many "improvements" to the eBay experience as you can, then sit back and watch while you destroy the trading platform for newbie/inexperienced buyers (I'm sure they won't tell their mates about it LOL) and at the same time get rid of the vulnerable sellers with your inflexible terms and conditions. 

Apologies for highjacking the thread horizon, but I hate watching eBay slowly but surely self destructing by the actions of brain-dead CEO's and board members, I'm sure the shareholders must be loving every bit of it.........

I'm glad you did padi* coz it proves I'm not the only one fed up to the Back Teeth with this carp. ( yes from Chinese Sellers mostly ) And yes, I admit I have a HUGE problem with the majority of these so called Sellers. ( more correctly called Scammers ) Ebay condone this with open arms. BTW padi* I love watching ebay self destruct. They have no one to blame but themselves & greed. 

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply