It is worth trying to get this feedback removed/revised?

Had a buyer who kept making offers below what I was willing to accept on an item. It became annoying, so I changed the listing to a Buy-It-Now. He bought it 10 mins later and has just finished leaving negative feedback.

Comment: Has best offer in listing & then declines offer or ignores it until you pay full

Is it worth trying to get this comment removed? Or revised?

Should I reply and say something to the effect of "Item perfectly as described and arrived in good time"?

Yes, I have already added him to my Blocked list.

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: It is worth trying to get this feedback removed/revised?

Hi Padi. Interesting idea... but what would happen if I ended up getting the same CS supervisor? Man Surprised

Message 21 of 30
Latest reply

Hi k1ooo, I would have loved to do that, but strictly speaking, we are not allowed to name and shame... and the absolute last thing I want is eBay removing my followup feedback comment. 

Message 22 of 30
Latest reply

I understand your hesitation.

Some members that come here 'follow' other members by clicking on their ID to bring up their feedback, then clicking view items for sale, then clicking Add to my favourite sellers.  This even works for members that have private feedback.

Message 23 of 30
Latest reply

Personally, I would have followed up with     '??? not a best offer listing - BIN only???'

He'd have nowhere to go with that.    Others are not privy to pm's, but they can view

the original listing to prove your statement.

Message 24 of 30
Latest reply

Eh. That's not bad idea, stawks. Too late though now.

I see he's just replied with a follow-up comment, advising me to not include 'best offer' in my listings if I am not prepared to consider every offer. Sigh. Since I have already got quite a few feedback where it says "Best Offer Price was Accepted", assumably this would not scare potential buyers away. And it doesn't really hurt me if buyers feel like they might as well click Buy-It-Now rather than go through a Best Offer hassle. I dunno. Around 75% of things that I sell are sold as BINs anyway...

Message 25 of 30
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I believe your mistake was in changing from Best Offer to BIN while the buyer was making offers.

He only has 3 offers....surely you could have had the patience to reject that number of offers.  If he was still below the price you would sell for he would have had to pay full price.

You could also set the automatic rejection option so you will never have to look at stupid offers.

Message 26 of 30
Latest reply

It seems the buyer doesn't know the difference between consider and accept.
Message 27 of 30
Latest reply

junk, I see you are not following anyone. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 28 of 30
Latest reply

Yes, I've just noticed that too... ๐Ÿ˜„

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 29 of 30
Latest reply

Why not use the automatic accept and reject option then you don't have to deal wiith anyone directly. If you have a polite reply to low offers set then you should not get stupid buyers like yours. I also thhink it was silly to change the listing to remove the offers, if you wished to allow them to buy you shoud have ended it and relisted as BIN only.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 30 of 30
Latest reply