Items specifics nonsense

Woke up this morning to see message that over 400 of my items need specifics added or I'll not be able to relist them etc. When they were listed, the specifics weren't an option. Now they expect me to spend a ton of time listing $10 items and filling up to 15 non-relevant specifics. Are they going to pay me for the time? Besides it's simply not possible to add specifics for 400 listing one at the time, I have life to live. Anyone else has thoughts on this nonsense? I'm not going to do it, simple as that

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Items specifics nonsense

some of the specifics are very irrelevant. I guess ebay pretends to be smart but they're quite stupid.

Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

is also worth bearing in mind that "Good Til Cancelled" listings will continue to renew, even if sellers don't add the new mandatory eBay item specifics requirements.  However, when adding new stock in the future, sellers will be unable to revise their listings until they update the relevant item specifics. 

https://optiseller.com/blog/ebay-roll-out-new-mandatory-item-specifics-for-february-2021

Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

managing 3,500 listings manually, that's a lot of work

Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

You can upload the required item specifics via file exchange in bulk. It's much faster than doing them manually, especially if you have many items in one category.

I already updated all mine when they first required it however yesterday I saw 40 listings requiring item specifics. When clicking to update them the required specifics are already there. I had to revise the listings, delete the values and re-input them then save the listing for them to no longer be in the 'required soon' section. Nice waste of time that was.

Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

Haha that's exactly why I'm not going to do it because it'll be never ending. No one should do it. At the very least it should only apply to new items where all the info is easily available from suppliers and should be all automatic.

If Ebay wants to take the time and do it for me , go ahead. I'm not their employee  and I pay them enough for their service all ready. I'm not dong it. Stand your ground otherwise it's gonna get even worse.

Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

Tell me about it!!  It's only my hobby in retirement, any more changes like this one & I'm finding a new hobby - maybe taming snakes or something!!

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

Along similar lines, I wrote this info in an earlier discussion on specifics.

Another option to save time is to use this free tool

https://isdntek.com/ebaytools/ItemSpecificScanner.htm

It allows you to build a spreadsheet of all your data that can be pasted into a spreadsheet or saved and opened in a spreadsheet.  From there the data can be easily changed in bulk as required to suit your new item specifics.  Once saved it can then be loaded into eBay via File Exchange.  It is particularly useful if just using one category, I change over 2000 titles in less than an hour.

The tool was developed by eBay user shipscript who is well known on the US boards.  All data is retrieved from data found publicly on eBay without accessing your account.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

Gah. CD's have a minimum of ELEVEN required fields (ALL of which are in my damn description anyway). If their intention is to take up all of the time where I would normally be listing things, mission accomplished. I'm not going to be finished by the deadline.

Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

@acermacca wrote:

I was under the impression that you can continue to  relist old  GTC listings with out item specifics and the rules are for only mandatory for new listings.

Can anyone can confirm if this is or isn't the case?  It would make a hell of a difference.

Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

This is the  email from ebay it doesnt say gtc listing will stopped it just says if you revise them they will need to include new item specifics before you can relist.

"Some of your listings need to be updated with required Item Specifics before 12 July. If you don’t update these listings, you will not be able to create, revise and publish these listings."

Message 20 of 28
Latest reply