Its confirmed buyers do not read descriptions!

Latest feedback comment, outer box is a bit damaged, pretty sure I mentioned that in description? 

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Its confirmed buyers do not read descriptions!

I feel your pain, really I do 🙂  I just got a doozy removed from my feedback - buyer bought 2 playing cards, from the playing cards section and described as playing cards - her feedback, negative, said she was expecting to get 2 pieces of fabric???  I politely emailed her and said maybe she got me confused with another purchase, no she was adamant, and said the in the early days playing cards were made out of fabric!  hmmmm 

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

I think maybe she was confused with playing cards having a 'linen' finish

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

we had that discussion (between smooth and linen finish), but no she is insisting that cards were made of actual fabric - she was expecting pieces of material - nothing would convince her otherwise.  Lucky ebay was feeling generous and removed it in a couple of minutes.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

I sold a dress. Listed as Size 8, description states size 8, item specifics stated size 8 - Buyer leaves neutral with "not the expected size"!

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

I also get the "is pick up available"?. It's listed pick up available in description section, and in postage options!

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

Agreed.  I used to list freight on large items and 99 times out of 100 they would ask me what the freight was!   So now I don't bother wasting my time when they will ask anyway!

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

@repoohsj52 wrote:

Agreed.  I used to list freight on large items and 99 times out of 100 they would ask me what the freight was!   So now I don't bother wasting my time when they will ask anyway!

If that's the case, why do you specify in your "freight" listings to email you for an accurate freight cost? I would take a wild guess and say that's why potential buyers are emailing you for a freight cost......

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

@repoohsj52 wrote:

Have you ever read your listings from the point of view of the buyers?

Where you have listed Freight the buyer is told to read the listing or contact the seller for the freight costs.

My guess is that they are taking the option to contact the seller seeing as how there is nothing in the listing that answers the question.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

It is so annoying.

I just got left negative feedback because the buyer thought they were adult sized jeans - even though I put a note that these were GIRLS jeans and bolded GIRLS in the description and the item was listed under children's clothing - girls clothing. Do people even check what they are looking at???

I replied to the negative stated that the item was clearly listed in the description etc so if anyone cares to look at why I got a neg they can see this person is an idiot

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply