Just Started Selling and Need Your Help Please

I have just placed 6 items up and was wondering a few questions which are;

1) Why is there a restriction on the amount I can sell per month?

2) Are my listings and Descriptions okay or not?

3) is there a quicker way to get this seller restriction removed or?

4) and lastly, where do I go to promote my items for sale or are you not allowed to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Awesome Sensation
Message 1 of 85
Latest reply
84 REPLIES 84

I mean just started selling on eBay. Sorry
Message 2 of 85
Latest reply

1 To stop scammers from listing fake items by the truck load.

2 Listings look good

3 No you need to show you can be a trusted seller with good feedback first

4 You can promote your listings anywhere. Lots do it on facebook and you can have links to your items to ebay BUT you can not have links in your listings that take buyers out of ebay to make sales.

Message 3 of 85
Latest reply

I only had time for a quick look at 1 game,looks like you have done a lot of work on it or have sold before.Good description etc.

1 thing though in your terms about NPB.you wrote if you don't pay I'll leave you a neg,well aside from being a bit hosile,sellers can"t leave a neg.Ever.

Message 4 of 85
Latest reply

As you are selling a scam-prone item (the iPhone), I suggest you go to My eBay > Account > Site Preferences > Buyer requirements and set up some blocks to help stop scammers from purchasing it.

Make sure you've selected to block buyers who have not been phone verified, and also block those with a primary postage address in a location you don't post to. While you're there, enabling the block on buyers with non-payment strikes is also a good idea. Also, don't believe anyone who wants to purchase it with unusual circumstances / conditions - they will often try to tempt you by offering more than the asking price.

Depending on what your current selling limit is, you may be able to get it raised by connecting a PayPal account or putting a valid credit (or Mastercard / Visa debit card) on file with eBay - that tends to get restrictions lifted from 10 items to 100 items per month.

Message 5 of 85
Latest reply

You can advertise anywhere externally but you are not allowed to advertise on the forums
Message 6 of 85
Latest reply

rkwm888
Community Member

as the previous poster said if you have a NPB no one can leave feedback and you cant do registered post for parcels, it cost $2.95... extra for SOD, (signature on delivery) but do you expect buyers to pay extra using paypal

Message 7 of 85
Latest reply

In regards to some of your payment terms, the buyer can't add $3.50 for registered, or $1.50 for gift wrapping at check out, they can only pay what is on the invoice. If you want them to have the option of registered, you need add that to the invoice before sending it. Have your standard mail as the first option, then underneath it will give the option of adding another postage option. Put the reg post there so they can decide. Not sure how you can add the $1.50 if they decide they want gift wrapping. Be aware though if that is part of the transaction, you will pay fees on that $1.50.

Also, if the buyer is paying by PayPal they can't leave their user ID as reference, but you will get a message saying who has sent the payment through and what it was for.

You mentioned with the PayMate that you will be running promotions and to check your store for details......you don't appear to have a store......

As already mentioned, remove the mention of leaving negative feedback, because you can't leave it and buyers know that. It's an empty threat and looks silly.

Message 8 of 85
Latest reply

i dont think they are advertising only asking for a bit of help
Message 9 of 85
Latest reply

Where did I say they were? I was simply answering there 4th question
Message 10 of 85
Latest reply