Just Started Selling and Need Your Help Please

I have just placed 6 items up and was wondering a few questions which are;

1) Why is there a restriction on the amount I can sell per month?

2) Are my listings and Descriptions okay or not?

3) is there a quicker way to get this seller restriction removed or?

4) and lastly, where do I go to promote my items for sale or are you not allowed to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Awesome Sensation
Message 1 of 85
Latest reply
84 REPLIES 84

@awesomesensation wrote:

Fair enough but do keep in mind this is the first time Iam selling on eBay, hence the questions. Will edit that section ASAP.

OK. Just seemed a strange thing for a new seller to add, unless you have seen it on other listings in the past.

Message 21 of 85
Latest reply

Buyers can leave negative feedback. When we chose to list our items for sale in eBay, we agree to abide by their policies.

That is one of them.. sellers can't leave negative feedback anymore. 

Message 22 of 85
Latest reply

So in a sense it's sort of like they thinking "Buyers can do anything to the sellers, as long as they remain eBay Buyers then who cares" kind of mindset, am I getting your story straight in that sense?

Regarding the Feedback issue I mentioned I saw something like "BEWARE OF THIS SELLER, LISTINGS ARE NOT AS DESCRIBED" with the green dot beside it.

I was checking the store if I were do a store it'll cost me about $19.95 a month, but currently even with me being PayPal Verified (Thanks for that tip earlier), I still can only list 10 Items or up to $2,500 per month, whichever comes first. I am confused as I believe it was you that said if I become PayPal verified it increases to 100 Sales a month?

Message 23 of 85
Latest reply

As a Matter of fact I have seen this section through a seller in the past.

Message 24 of 85
Latest reply

Thanks for letting me know that, I have edited my listings accordingly.

So do the strikes work, is it like baseball kind of 3 strikes and you're out or?

Message 25 of 85
Latest reply

Hardly,it just means that many sellers who have blocks for 2 UPI will not have to deal with these pests.eBay does not like to alienate a buyer.

What's the deal with the part about Christmas season etc with gift wrapping?

It's a long way past & a lot of sleeps before Xmas.

Looks like you got old stock hanging round from last year with that there.

Message 26 of 85
Latest reply

I just leave that in there, hence the reason I said takes effect in November, as people like to buy presents early for the Christmas periond. I know it's a long way to go, but is that wrong of me to live that in there?

And I certainly don't have old stock sitting around.

Message 27 of 85
Latest reply

@awesomesensation wrote:

So in a sense it's sort of like they thinking "Buyers can do anything to the sellers, as long as they remain eBay Buyers then who cares" kind of mindset, am I getting your story straight in that sense?

Regarding the Feedback issue I mentioned I saw something like "BEWARE OF THIS SELLER, LISTINGS ARE NOT AS DESCRIBED" with the green dot beside it.

I was checking the store if I were do a store it'll cost me about $19.95 a month, but currently even with me being PayPal Verified (Thanks for that tip earlier), I still can only list 10 Items or up to $2,500 per month, whichever comes first. I am confused as I believe it was you that said if I become PayPal verified it increases to 100 Sales a month?

Buyers being able to do anything they like is quite often how it comes across and/or plays out when an issue arises, but that's not to say they have 100% consequence free reign on eBay... it's just that said consequences are often minor, and rarely do they become preventative measures. But, the simple fact is, most sellers take a similar approach to eBay when they decide to remain on eBay (that is, yup, there's some things they'd like to change, or have more suited to their practices / preferences, but the majority of buyers are great and that makes it all worthwhile). The biggest difference and problem is a lot fo the time, it's ultimately that ebay makes what should be a seller's decision for them regarding how they deal with a trading partner. 

Buyers leaving negative comments with positive ratings can be due to a couple of things - an incorrect choice when clicking the feedback type (apparently easy to do when using the mobile app, also resulting in positive comments with a negative rating), or not having the option to leave a negative, but in the latter case, the only time a buyer can't leave a neutral or negative for a seller is within 7 days after the sale, if that seller is a Power Seller, but the option does become available after 7 days.

Now, feedback is prevented if an unpaid item case is closed without payment from the buyer (or as soon as the case is opened if the seller uses the unpaid item assistant), so they couldn't leave any form of feedback at that stage, but sometimes FB can 'sneak' through, and I'm not 100% sure if eBay will remove a positive that's been left by a buyer for an unpaid item, they're supposed to for neuts and negs, though. 

Regarding verifying your PayPal account - what you need to do is link the PayPal account with eBay, which can be done via My eBay (http://my.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay&CurrentPage=MyeBayPayPalAccounts&gbh=1&ssPageName=STRK...

If that's what you did do, you can also try adding PayPal as your automatic payment method for seller fees, which can also be done via My eBay (> Account > Personal information > Financial Information) : http://my.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay&CurrentPage=MyeBayPersonalInfo&gbh=1&ssPageName=STRK:M...

If you've done both those things, then unfortunately I don't know why your limit would still be at 10, and can only suggest getting a few positive FB for selling and then requesting a higher limit from eBay. 

Message 28 of 85
Latest reply

"That is my seller name over on that site you linked too. As Mentioned this is my first time selling on eBay"

Yes that maybe so, but IMO your listings  give the impression that they've been copied and pasted from somewhere else and could start to look a bit suspicious to some hence my advice to change them.

In fact if I hadn't read this thread and if a new buyer asked on the boards about one of your listings, I'd advise them to proceed with caution.

Just a few things to mention:

Krazymart/Krazymas bears no relevance to your ebay ID

New sellers don't usually offer payment options like moneybookers.

You state " please send cheques to Reply Paid 2682, Sydney NSW 2001" when you're registered in VIC and the item location is VIC

Googling that address shows as the address for Ing Direct

Offering Christmas gift wrapping due to the season , layby etc all looks very strange  IMO , not like a new seller's listings at all.

IMO, a lot of changes to your listings are required .

Message 29 of 85
Latest reply

yep i've never seen that moneybrokers thing on eBay before.

You & am*3 have a very sharp eye.

Message 30 of 85
Latest reply