Just a heads up. AMENDMENTS TO THE PAYPAL ACCOUNT USER AGREEMENT

Item highlighted in red will affect me the most...

AMENDMENTS TO THE PAYPAL ACCOUNT USER AGREEMENT-

We are updating the PayPal User Agreement, and the Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement (CFSGPDS). These changes will go into effect on May 6, 2019. If you agree to these changes, you don’t have to do anything. If you don’t agree with these changes, you may close your account. If you close your account before May 6, 2019, the changes will not apply to you.

Amendments to the PayPal User Agreement and the CFSGPDS

• We’re removing the flat rate pricing for sending money to friends and family members who have PayPal accounts in a country other than the Australia and introducing a new variable fee of 5% based on the amount you send with a minimum of 0.99 AUD and a maximum of 5.99 AUD per transaction. We’re also removing any variation depending on the recipient’s country. 
  • We’re changing how we treat refunds. If you refund (partially or fully) a transaction to a buyer or a donation to a donor, there are no fees to make the refund, but the fees you originally paid as the seller will not be returned to you.

Message 1 of 48
Latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: Just a heads up. AMENDMENTS TO THE PAYPAL ACCOUNT USER AGREEMENT

Message 41 of 48
Latest reply

Just realized thsi only toda that paypal is not refudning fees anymore.

I have regualrly buyers who accidentially purchase wrng item or forget to apply ebay coupon and need to cancel transaction. I always do and then they can purchase it the correct item or apply coupon. Now I lost on all these refunds hundreds of dollars in the last 2 months. Until paypal told me today.

Ebay needs to tke control now and cover damages for sellers or restrict their crazy returns policy.

Time to fidn a new platform to sell. Waht a shame, sellign 20 years on ebay now.

Is Amazon any better?

Message 42 of 48
Latest reply

You only have yourself to blame.....if you don't read the announcements then how can you blame ebay or paypal.

But at least you can look forward to the new ebay payment system next year....who knows what that will bring.

From what I have heard Amazon is worse than ebay and the fees are higher.

Message 43 of 48
Latest reply

I accept it as a cost of business on ebay returns and I factor in as much. My gripe is when people purchase and then want to cancel a few minutes later. In this case I suggest sellers charge the buyer a cancellation fee (explaining politely the situation of paypal refunds).

Looking forward to a new payment alternative very much,

Message 44 of 48
Latest reply

@starwood2111 wrote:

Looking forward to a new payment alternative very much,

Maybe be careful what you wish for, there's no guarantee the new system will benefit buyers or sellers.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 45 of 48
Latest reply

Ebay reps continually tell me it will be 'significantly cheaper for sellers' ........ Lets see..

Message 46 of 48
Latest reply

@starwood2111 wrote:

Ebay reps continually tell me it will be 'significantly cheaper for sellers' ........ Lets see..

That's what American sellers were told.

It appears that is not true in all cases. And eBay hang onto your money until THEY decide to release it. So, no funds going to Paypal to cover things like postage and fees (which I believe won't be able to be offset against funds eBay are holding).

Message 47 of 48
Latest reply

I'm confused about this.

I've had a couple of orders cancelled by the buyer recently, and both times the refund breakdown makes it looks like the PayPal fee was taken out of what the buyer gets back. But I don't really want to ask the buyer if that was the case..
Message 48 of 48
Latest reply