Just got two negative feedbacks for stupid reasons. Can I have them removed?

baau738
Community Member

I'm only a small seller. I sell a handful of items every month on my selling account and my number of feedbacks isn't very high. So imagine my surprise when I logged into Ebay today and saw my feedback rating had not only dropped from 100% to 92%, but Ebay also lowered my performance rating to "Below Average" and sent me a message saying I need to improve my seling performance asap.

Why did this happen? Well, I got two negative feedbacks last night that said:

"Great seller, fast postage, but DVD volume was very quiet" (It's an old B-rated movie from the 70s! The audio quality on such movies isn't always great to begin with. How on earth is that MY fault??)

"Seller posted game quickly. But disappointed it has glitches" (Whaaaaat???? I did not create this video game. I did not glitch test this game. How is it MY fault that the video game has glitches??)

If they were unhappy with the product, I would have happily refunded them. But nope, neither buyer messaged me to inform me they were unhappy with the item. They just...slapped me with negatives. It's not fair 😞

So...is there anything I can do about it? Will ebay remove the feedback if I explain the situation? Or should I message the buyers and ask them to remove the feedback? What should I even say to them?

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

The buyers can not just remove the feedback.

They can revise it if you send a request to revise.

But contact them and ask if there is anything you can do that would help and if they are happy with the end result would they revise the feedback if a request was sent.

Message 2 of 37
Latest reply

The feedbacks won't be removed IMO 

You need to put into your listings the things that are wrong with the items,you need to check and test the items before you sell them

Message 3 of 37
Latest reply

I did test both items and they were fine. Yes, the DVD is quiet but I just turned up the volume a little and the problem was solved (any other audio quality issue would be from the fact that it's a low-budget 70s movie). And yes, the game has a few glitches (nothing major though. Just a few random floaty items and similar things) but any gamer should know that it's not uncommon for release-day games to have a few glitches. That's just how gaming is nowadays. But nontheless, I would have refunded the buyers had I known there was even a problem. It's not fair that people can slug a seller with bad feedback with absolutely no communication. I'll try messaging the buyers and see if I can come to an agreement. But I'm not holding my breath 😞

Message 4 of 37
Latest reply

Probably not, but the rules do say it is possible.  When you phone them ..... all robots ...... after waiting an eternity to get through (20 mins today) - women & rude men with highly Americanised voices do everything they can to repeat the rules and regulations to you then "have a nice day"!

I've just had a buyer give me "Neutral" rating because, and I gather "Size was way too big" was the reason.  My question (and I will ask this person) is WHY NOT RETURN FOR REFUND?  Too easy and they are too lazy!

Message 5 of 37
Latest reply

wow this is mind blowing.

its like someone giving neg feedback cause the movie was bad, as if you filmed scored and created the entire movie, just wow....

cant help stupid people, but ebay should give better potection from it if its unresaonable, ebay needs to give sellers better options to have these sort of bad feedbacks reviewed and reversed.

Message 6 of 37
Latest reply

*******shakes head, slowly walks away, slams door...........****************

Message 7 of 37
Latest reply

It's pretty obvious that eBay's reputation is so far down the tubes now that all the decent buyers have gone elsewhere and this place only attracts the scammers and the knuckle-dragging dregs of society with single-digit IQs, and eBay clearly doesn't give a toss about their sellers (the ones who are left, that is) as they're only interested in their buyers who are spending money (and not very much of that these days, either). Is it any wonder that most of the decent sellers are ready to depart in disgust, or have already left? This place really is the pits.
Message 8 of 37
Latest reply

about a year ago a seller was "complaining" about the same thing. The buyer/s would watch the DVD and didn't like it and leave bad feedback, I have no idea if the feedback was ever removed. I find it hard to believe that any reasonable (sane) person would consider it the fault of the seller.

On the flip side though if I signed up to a DVD rental company on a monthy subscription and all they had was really bad movies I wouldn;t be too impressed.

Message 9 of 37
Latest reply

gogifts
Community Member

yes, I had a simple communication problem with an ebay seller. I must admit I should have asked them  before I bought but I only asked them to email me a photo of the soles of the pair of shoes I had just bought moments before (I politely explained that I had just remembered that I had just recently been shipped a pair of shoes whose uppers looked fantastic but fell apart in my hands with soles completely worn out when I opened the parcel).They didn't reply to me but immediately cancelled the purchase and refunded my money.

Why can't people discuss things before taking such drastic/impulsive actions like this or leaving stupid unwarranted negative feedback?

Message 10 of 37
Latest reply