Listing Pics - I'M ABOUT TO LOSE MY **bleep**!!!!!

HELP!  A few  months ago I realised almost 85% of  my listings had lost their gallery images (kinda explained the huge drop in sales Smiley Frustrated)  )

Anyhoo, I processed to spend DAYS redoing them all, resizing pics, taking more etc etc until every single listing was fixed, with all pics displayed nicely.

Imagine my SHOCK and HORROR lol to realise that YET AGAIN gallery pics have started to disappear! WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?????  What have I done wrong? And if there WAS a problem with the images, WHY were they allowed to be used i n the first place?

Any advice and tips would be very much appreciated

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

I'm not sure but having just put up some listings (both regular and some on scheduled start times) I noticed that the photos in all listing had 'vanished' or where not in the order I put them up to be displayed

Went back and edited them, not sure if ebay will change then back again

Not sure if there is some kind of 'glitch' doing odd things to photos, would'nt surprise me

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

allfixelectrical
Community Member

This has been an ongoing issue with ebay since at least 2012 and even intermittantly before then.

It is no accident that there is a dedicated tool (which incidently is often useless) on the ebay sitemap here:-

http://cgi5.ebay.com.au/ws1/eBayISAPI.dll?DisplayGalleryImagePageV3

We have had times where almost all of our photos have disappeared, including those within listings as well as disappearing gallery photos.

Sometimes the original picture that the gallery is taken from disappears and sometimes it doesn't. The latest issues seem to just involve the gallery picture at random.

Other than making sure that at least one edge is greater than 500 pixels and there is no text on the image and any watermark satisfies their pedantic requirements, then there is not much more you can do other than waste an enormous amount of your time manually fixing the problem.

Welcome to ebay.

Oh, and by the way, as far as lost sales are concerned, add to that the fact that the cart doesn't work, the app doesn't work, many people are unable to complete checkout due to a range of ebay glitches and some payment methods often don't allow you to complete the transaction, items don't always appear in searches, what hope have we got!

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

Photos need to be at least 500 pixels on the longest side. You can't use a catalogue or stock photo if you're listing an item as 'used'. Have these requirements been met?

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Seems fixed.    Pics are there

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

Within the last 3 -4 weeks there has been an issue with pics.

However what it meant was the pics in some listings disappeared when viewed in your own selling list only but were still showing when searched.

Some members found by revising listing without making any changes could bring the pics back to show in "All selling".

image host
Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

i can see all your items except about 4 with no picture.

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

Good heavens - what have you all been saying that has required moderator luna-2304 to intervene on all posts??

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

I would say it was a word of frustration that the original poster used in the title.  A moderator amended the title, so that's why it keeps appearing there .......... maybe.

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

Correct, if a mod deletes anything from the title it will show as moderated on all posts prior to new ones.

image host
Message 10 of 24
Latest reply