Listing removed four times by eBay

Anonymous
Not applicable

I listed an item on eBay, which attracted a decent number of watchers and several bids.  A day before the listing ended, it was removed by eBay as not compliant with US FCC regulations.  This wasn't correct, I contacted eBay via live chat and the listing was restored to my unsold items folder.  I was assured that this wouldn't happen again and that I could go ahead and relist.

The same scenario played out a further three times.  After the fourth removal and multiple chats with eBay I was emailed a copy and paste from the original listing removal.  I contacted eBay again and after multiple follow ups over almost a week I received another email listing the criteria used for removal (none of which was applicable to this item) and suggesting that I create a new listing with a 'better description'.  Included in the email was a heap of flowery language assuring me what a valued member I am of the eBay family and that eBay is here for me, all the time, for anything.

I replied suggesting that as it's now too close to Christmas and I don't have the original listing to amend and relist, that my eBay family could compensate me with the $300 that I was expecting from the sale of this item.

Any other seller had any luck getting a dollar or so out of eBay for their lousy service?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

It's probably the bots that find some fault in your listing, and eBay humans don't know how to stop them...

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Well, I'm curious to know what the item was.

The 1934 Act set up the FCC as an agency to regulate all interstate and foreign communication by wire, radio, telephone, telegraph, and broadcasting. The FCC regulates the offering for sale and use of devices that radiate RF energy (non-ionizing radiation).

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Judging by their other sales, it looks like it's just communications gear, like CB radios. These devices transmit "RF energy (non-ionizing radiation)."  that means radio waves.

So probably the gear is close to, or similar to commercial grade which would require licencing. Despite how it sounds, it's nothing to do with nuclear devices or anything like that.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Any other seller had any luck getting a dollar or so out of eBay for their lousy service?

No, you are not getting compensation unless you manage to successfully sue them

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@purplemon18 wrote:

Judging by their other sales, it looks like it's just communications gear, like CB radios. These devices transmit "RF energy (non-ionizing radiation)."  that means radio waves.

So probably the gear is close to, or similar to commercial grade which would require licencing. Despite how it sounds, it's nothing to do with nuclear devices or anything like that.

Ten four good buddy  👍

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Continually listing the same item, once it has been removed, is just asking for trouble.  You do not have any current listings showing, so has ebay already  taken further action.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

You won't be compensated.

There are obviously some buzz words in your original ad title or description that trigger their computer program to delist it and send out a warning.

Your best hope is to rewrite the whole ad, being very careful in the description. Maybe have a look at ads for similar products and see how they do it. Model your ad on theirs.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I agree with springy. If the bots deleted it once, they will keep deleting it because obviously they detect something, and your only way to hope that the listing won't be deleted is to examine it and change what you think might trigger the deletion. Ebay humans might agree with you, but they won't be able to stop the bots because their deletion is automatically triggered by some words.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply