MBG Returns Timeframe

I have a buyer that asked to return an item on the 16th November via eBay's MBG to which I agreed. I messaged my buyer through eBay & asked her to return the item and I will refund her plus the cost of the return postage once I received the item back. So far I have not received any further communication from my buyer, or received my item back…. Is there a timeframe for buyers to return items?

The difference between stupidity and genius, is that genius has its limits.
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

MBG Returns Timeframe

Did you select Accept the Return?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

MBG Returns Timeframe

Yes I did on the same day the request was opened! I then messaged my buyer asking her to return the item and I would refund her plus cost of her return postage.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

MBG Returns Timeframe

You have done the right thing in Accepting the Return.  This protects you against the buyer escalating the case.  

The only thing at this point I'm not sure about  - because the process changed recently - is the return label process.  Is ebay prompting you to send one?

Also, I think you need to agree an amount that you are willing to refund the buyer - $8.25 for the cost of a 500g prepaid parcel or whatever.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

MBG Returns Timeframe

If it was a change of mind then the buyer has to fund the return postage and you should only have offered a refund of the item price. If the item is being returned because it was faulty or not as described then ebay should have told you to provide them with a return label I am not sure of the timescale for a buyer return but you should at least be asking for a tracking number if it is more than a few days since you agreed to the return.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

MBG Returns Timeframe

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

MBG Returns Timeframe

Do not ask eBay to "step in and help', as I found out, they will immediately close any dispute and refund the buyer without the need to return.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

MBG Returns Timeframe

Thanks for your replies guys.. Unfortunately I sent my buyer the wrong fragrance - the item is a kitchen counter cleaner! She also claims the bottle was damaged and had leaked in the packaging. It's a sturdy plastic bottle, sealed with the trigger spray sent separately. I twice messaged her to take photos of the damaged bottle and she hasn't responded. I have a suspicion she’s used the spray then realised it was the wrong fragrance.

Designers*n*more I haven’t got the option for ebay to step in & help… I only have the option to upload extra photos….

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

MBG Returns Timeframe

"I have a suspicion she's used the spray then realised it was the wrong fragrance"

If your item was the wrong fragrance, then it's not change of mind as such...it's the wrong fragrance. Some people are allergic/get hayfevery to certain scents/fragrances, rather than it just not being to their liking, but not others. So it's not necessarily the buyer just being a pain in the ***. Hope it all works out though 🙂

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply