Making my first sale

Hi! I have sold on eBay before but I’m starting a new store but it’s under my same old account. Do you have any tips on how I can improve my store and how I can make my first sale as quick as I can. This is my store: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/ermur_3201

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Making my first sale

If you do it, you need to make it 100% clear in the listing you are doing it

But it is another huge turn off for many buyers

You only have to search the massive number of thread on the forum from buyers complaining about sellers who do it

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Making my first sale

Dropshipping is absolutely allowed by ebay and is very common!

In the listing you can change the item's location to reflect where it is being sent from ( even when that is not where you are)- I like how you specify in your " about" section that everything is coming from China. A lot of people don't check that information though! You may need to adjust the handling time you have provided to ebay so that the expected delivery date is more realistic, otherwise you will get a high number of INR cases.

The biggest issue with dropshipping is to ensure the products are of a decent quality and the supplier is reliable and actually ship within their stated timeframe. Remember that you will cop the blame for anything they mess up. 

Best of luck!

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Making my first sale

Many buyers avoid listings with keyword spamming

Be realistic about your prices - the lamp you have listed for $48 is $25 in the likes of JB HiFi and Kmart for exactly the same thing

Try to make your listings look and sound less like those who dropship from China (and if that is what you are doing, you need to say so)

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Making my first sale

Is dropshipping from China allowed?

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Making my first sale

Why on earth are you paying for a store when you only have a few items listed ?

Until you have hundreds it's simply not worth the expense.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Making my first sale

If you do it, you need to make it 100% clear in the listing you are doing it

But it is another huge turn off for many buyers

You only have to search the massive number of thread on the forum from buyers complaining about sellers who do it

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Making my first sale

How can I make it clear that I am doing it

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Making my first sale

Dropshipping is absolutely allowed by ebay and is very common!

In the listing you can change the item's location to reflect where it is being sent from ( even when that is not where you are)- I like how you specify in your " about" section that everything is coming from China. A lot of people don't check that information though! You may need to adjust the handling time you have provided to ebay so that the expected delivery date is more realistic, otherwise you will get a high number of INR cases.

The biggest issue with dropshipping is to ensure the products are of a decent quality and the supplier is reliable and actually ship within their stated timeframe. Remember that you will cop the blame for anything they mess up. 

Best of luck!

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Making my first sale

Thank you! How do I change the handling time and how do I edit where the products are coming from?

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Making my first sale

Good grief - you've opened a store and asking how to sell.

Back to the drawing board possum.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Making my first sale

No-one's asked if the OP is signed up and fully verified for Managed Payments - bit unusual.

Electrical items from China?  Again no-one has queried this?  Fire starters.

When scrolling down to the description (on any item) the sponsored items appear $10 - $20 cheaper.

The sunset lamp sells for half the price - a sponsored item that you have to scroll past.

It also changes price when you open the listing.

I see either no sales or a lot of negs, but I'm a Debbie Downer.

Good luck

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply