Managed Payment declines really...

Dont know if this has happened to anyone but that  this is a first for me, now all our details are correct in the payments, but they go to send our 1st managed money payment to our bank and look what i see is declined, that is a first that putting money in to account is declined and now its waiting for retry, I dont mind paying the fees straight away, but i honestly dont like having to wait 4 or 5 days  for payments to clear and now this declined thing. I have to now question whether being on ebay is going to be worth it.. I am already dealing with customers who arent happy due to the item not being there on that specific day  that they see on ebay due to the australia post having delays that now i have longer delays because payments are going to take longer.

Is it really worth the headaches that this may cause....

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Managed Payment declines really...

I dont have a problem of sending the item but i would much prefer to send it when the payment has been processed, i am just worried that if i send it and then ebay says its declined then i have sent there item and they dont have to pay for it, i think once its been on it for awhile might help with the doubts and everything. 

Just annoyed at the declined and seeing exactly how long it takes to get payments so i can decide what is the best way

Message 11 of 26
Latest reply

@kris-tj wrote:

I dont have a problem of sending the item but i would much prefer to send it when the payment has been processed, i am just worried that if i send it and then ebay says its declined then i have sent there item and they dont have to pay for it, i think once its been on it for awhile might help with the doubts and everything. 

Just annoyed at the declined and seeing exactly how long it takes to get payments so i can decide what is the best way

Just out of curiosity, what was your process before MP, presumably when receiving payments through PayPal? Would you wait for payments to transfer from them to your account before posting?

I only ask because I've noticed a lot of sellers saying they want the money in their bank account first before posting, despite eBay indicating the seller can now send the item, and wonder if it's just due to a distrust of eBay, or if people were doing the same with PayPal.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 12 of 26
Latest reply

The problem is we have had payments go through already so how can they say they need to check people's details again...It is clearly an inhouse ebay issue and they are deflecting the blame onto the banks! If it has worked before there should be no issues now.

Message 13 of 26
Latest reply

Same here hope its only teething problems, eBay Has held the fund already long enough.

Not really accptable when there dealing with our Wage and income.

Message 14 of 26
Latest reply

My payout today was originally declined but now has gone through successfully and the money also in the bank

Message 15 of 26
Latest reply

Have just received an email saying ours has been sent...If it follows the first payment it should arrive in the morning.....Still love the fact they blamed the banks for their own error this morning yet are holding onto the rest of the money which will be a due over the normal procedure going forward. Dead set disaster!

Message 16 of 26
Latest reply

We have received an email to say today's payments has been sent.

The payment that was declined yesterday now says processing, with no email received.

However the money was credited to our bank account at 11.41pm last night.

Wondering now if the status will change to completed, or stay at processing.

A good result, but totally confusing.

Message 17 of 26
Latest reply

Yes, never.

Message 18 of 26
Latest reply

There are numerous topics detailing similar delays with PayPal in years gone buy, but I shall leave you to your hyperbole.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 19 of 26
Latest reply

On my second payout

Here is the next eBay delay with manged payments

They have removed the declined and say the payment is processed.

Now one from yesterday eBay says processed in the morning.

I rang the Bank today

and nothing is on hold from eBay alrady 24 Hours 

I Contacted eBay They say wait 24 to 48 Hours.

So this is a delay with eBay processing nothing to do with the banks.

The whole process is taking way too long and I hope can only get better.

BUT is just not acceptable as the payments are already take way too long "DAYS"

Message 20 of 26
Latest reply