Managed Payment declines really...

Dont know if this has happened to anyone but that  this is a first for me, now all our details are correct in the payments, but they go to send our 1st managed money payment to our bank and look what i see is declined, that is a first that putting money in to account is declined and now its waiting for retry, I dont mind paying the fees straight away, but i honestly dont like having to wait 4 or 5 days  for payments to clear and now this declined thing. I have to now question whether being on ebay is going to be worth it.. I am already dealing with customers who arent happy due to the item not being there on that specific day  that they see on ebay due to the australia post having delays that now i have longer delays because payments are going to take longer.

Is it really worth the headaches that this may cause....

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Managed Payment declines really...

I am very frustrated. All payments made have not arrived in my bank accounts. Not a single payment yet. I have contacted my bank NAB and they informed that the payment hasn't arrived. Ebay said they have trqansferred it. What should I do now? I am looking to lodge a complain with the Autralian financial complain authority if this last contact with Ebay is not resolved immediaitely.

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

Have you double checked your bank details to see that there is not a typo in them?

It is rather strange that none of the transfers have completed correctly?

How long have you been waiting for the first transfer?

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

I have some issues with this new system.

Only too happy to not bother with ebay anymore.

None of the funds from my customers say available.

Despite them paying.

Still in processing or pending as it were.

Explains an item I purchased also not being shipped yet as well.

No funds transferred, no funds arrived in my bank account.

Not fussed, I aint shipping, yes, huge distrust in ebay

or anyone that holds of hinders payments for sales.

I did the same when via paypal, to paypals credit money

would transfer in hours if not then over night.

Allowed for faster shipping.

Yes its like the bad bad old days of eftpos where it could take

several days or amex diners where it could take weeks to a month

to get the money, hence why a lot of places said no to amex etc.

They have since sped up their systems.

So no biggy to not ship until the money is in my bank account..

Couldnt care less at this point..

Changing handling times to 15 days to see how this pans out.

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

So today our payment was transferred at 3.30am not the usual 1-1.30am which then normally arrives at about 12noon to 12.30pm....So where the F&K is the money? Not arrived yet....What an absolute joke this system is! After that massive hiccup last week it seemed things were back on track....This is a freaking disgrace ebay!!!

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

100% agree with you.  It is an unacceptable situation now.  As a seller we are still forced to ship out immediately despite the fact that we have actually not received any payments yet.  I just spent time talking on the phone and chatting to eBay Customer Service about this.

They all believe it is "ok".  One actually recommendated to me that I increase my own handling time so that I can wait for the eBay payments to come through.  It is a farce.

eBay "sells" it as better service.  However, given that their new payment provider/handler is actually located in Europe, I wonder how much this causes some of these delays.

I am really annoyed about the forced change. 

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

Well, I use Paypal and Square for my own webshop too and never had any issues waiting for money from either of them. I am not convinced that an auction platform should also venture into money handling.

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply