Managed Payments - Business Entity is a Trust

Just wondering if anyone else has a business entity as a Trust , our Ebay business account was required to register for managed payments however at the start of the registration it says PLEASE NOTE: if your business entity is a trust, partnership, cooperative or association please do not register for managed payments at this time. Instead, you are required to click here ***********to provide additional information about your business. Did this on the 09/03/2021 says thanks for the info thats it. 

Contacted Ebay  a couple of weeks ago as we were getting warnings about registering for managed payments eventually they updated our record to continue registration  however they only list Company, Partnership , or public listed company as options to select  . In the FAQ section to the side is states What entity types aren't supported? Trusts . So recontacted they said not accepting Trust registrations for managed payments at the moment . however they still restricted our listing capabilities and have numerous contacts trying to get the restrictions lifted .  Anyone else have the same issue please ? Note the account this discussion is listed on is not our ebay business account . 

Message 1 of 51
Latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Managed Payments - Business Entity is a Trust

I can't help with specific information or advice, I just wanted to post here that there are similar (ongoing) issues for other business structures and it seems to be taking ebay a few weeks or so to sort out each individual case. 

I can only imagine how frustrating it is, especially when they had so long to get things ready for the transition - hopefully they don't drag their feet on it for too long. 

Message 2 of 51
Latest reply

I fail too see what the problem is with partnerships etc. Ours is a registered business partnership with a registered trade name but they will not accept the account and no one there is capable of initially understanding the problem and then doing sonething to fix it,we are now coming into week 5 of not being able to recive payments because of this issue. 

Message 3 of 51
Latest reply

Out of curiosity, why would someone register a business entity as a trust to sell on Ebay?

Message 4 of 51
Latest reply

Hi, 

How was going ATM? Do you find solution? 

Message 5 of 51
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

Out of curiosity, why would someone register a business entity as a trust to sell on Ebay?

If its a discretionary family trust the income can be directed to a family member with least income. Perhaps a stay at home wife ( or husband ) looking after children. Also the items being sold may be from a deceased estate which where originally purchased under the trust. Selling them through the trust may be the appropriate way to dispose of them tax wise.

I do a similar thing by having three selling id's. One in my name, two in the wife's name. Any income earned from her accounts is lodged on her tax returns. A family trust is then used to distribute income from other sources to ensure equal income for both partners.

Message 6 of 51
Latest reply

Yep. Tax-dodging.

eBay apparently don't recognise trusts for MP,  so other tax-avoidance schemes will be necessary.

Message 7 of 51
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Yep. Tax-dodging.

eBay apparently don't recognise trusts for MP,  so other tax-avoidance schemes will be necessary.

Nothing dodgy about it Davewil. You are simply showing your male chauvinist, male dominant attitude. Its simply a case of  recognising the contribution the stay at home woman make to the family unit of farms and small business by paying them equally with the male bread winner.

In most cases on farms woman do the business books, run the men around chasing machinery from farm to farm, help with stock work and in a lot of cases now drive the machinery. And yes, in many cases they are still the main carers for children and do most of the housework. Why don't you believe they should be recognised and equally rewarded for their contribution ?

Farmers have been recognising the woman's contribution through equal income distribution for years. Its just a shame its taken the rest of society so long to catch up. 

Message 8 of 51
Latest reply

wrong thread

Message 9 of 51
Latest reply

@davewil1964 - I would be very keen to hear why it is that you believe a woman's contribution to a family and business partnership should not be recognised and rewarded with equal distribution of income between the male and female partners ???  You clearly have a problem with equal distribution of income between male and female partners, so please share with us why ???

Message 10 of 51
Latest reply