Missing Item!!

Who's responsibility is it to chase up a missing item buyer/seller?

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Missing Item!!

If it was posted on 11th, it is not missing....yet.  AP don't consider an item missing until 10 working days from lodgement.

Since they closed some of the smaller sorting centres and developed the large ones into mega centres (Sunshine West and Chullora in this case) a lot of our parcels are better travelled than a foreign correspondent.  It will probably go back to Chullora tomorrow and be delivered Monday.

Cheers,

Penny

View solution in original post

Message 32 of 60
Latest reply

Missing Item!!

forehead-slap-smiley-emoticon.gif

Night freddie, sleep well.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 45 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Missing Item!!

As a seller, I've always worked in with the buyer. We've sorted out a few "missing " items together. Mind you, I've had very sensible buyers which a huge help!

Sandra

Message 2 of 60
Latest reply

Missing Item!!

both of you

Have you let the other party know it is missing?

is there a tracking number and of so, what does it show?

Has there been enough time for the item to get where it is suppose to go?

How was it being sent?

Message 3 of 60
Latest reply

Missing Item!!

all the buyer can do is check with their P.O.....after that it's up to the seller to chase up
Message 4 of 60
Latest reply

Missing Item!!

I contacted the seller today to ask if there was a tracking number for the item which is coming from Vic to NSW.  

She sent it so I checked Aus Post tracking and find the Item was posted from Cheltenham Vic 11th arrived in Chullora NSW 13th and now it's gone back to Sunshine West Vic on 15th. I contacted the seller and asked if she could contact Sunshine West to find out what's happened to it, but she's told me I have to chase it up.

Message 5 of 60
Latest reply

Missing Item!!

I thought seeing she's in Vic it would be easier for her to contact the PO, but it would appear she's not that interested in helping track it down.

Message 6 of 60
Latest reply

Missing Item!!

Oh No...it's...it's in CHULLORA....I think you should be patient - huge BLACK HOLE there. Check out other posts on Chullora - not pretty!!
Message 7 of 60
Latest reply

Missing Item!!

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you have a tracking number but the results are inconclusive (as in there are no results showing) you can ring AP and they can usually find out where the item is...or is supposed to be.

You can then go from there...if it really is missing then the seller needs to contact AP to formally start a search for the item.

Message 8 of 60
Latest reply

Missing Item!!

It's saying it's now back in Vic (Sunshine West)

Message 9 of 60
Latest reply

Missing Item!!

Was just going to say, the worst of the worst of the worst for ping-ponging parcels

Not the seller's fault ,and Australia Post will often advise (correctly or not) that it is the addressee that needs to 'chase' things

Your seller may have already been given the run around by AP, it MAY not be a case of them 'not being interested' 

Message 10 of 60
Latest reply