Missing items & Qld

I have just had my 5th (so far this calendar year) 'where is my item?'. All have been large envelopes and all have been to Qld. I am in Adelaide......anyone else having problems?

Too many to be coincidental...strange that all tracked items are being delivered!

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: Missing items & Qld

Ahhh! OK I see now.

Yes ours are mostly under 125gm and under 2cm thick. So can go 2x stamps large letter.

Hence, the printed bar code labels I use.

If we get a multiple item order above 250gm we will normally send via tracked express post.

Message 31 of 40
Latest reply

yes, am using prepaid C4 envelopes
Message 32 of 40
Latest reply

Just received the 'tracked' C4 prepaid envelopes....
very surprised....they weigh 70g & are cardboard - should save me some packaging 🙂
Message 33 of 40
Latest reply

Yes I was suprised and pleased too - very good card material.     I try to use them as much as I can, I think it is a great idea.

Message 34 of 40
Latest reply

my local postmaster was 'miffed' as he said A.P. told him it was a trial and they were only available to business customers.

I told him I bought them on Ebay from A.P....he wasn't happy
Message 35 of 40
Latest reply

I also noted this in the blurb:

Suitable for sending
Documents, letters, non-fragile items, machinable or flat

...so, no longer just for paper

Message 36 of 40
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:
my local postmaster was 'miffed' as he said A.P. told him it was a trial and they were only available to business customers.

I told him I bought them on Ebay from A.P....he wasn't happy

Yes, every time I lodge them over the counter at our local post office, the staff say they wish they had them for sale but apparently they are still not available to them.    And you don't have to be on ebay - the Aust Post's own shop has them too.    I don't understand why they don't let all the POs have them - I did try to get them in the Adelaide PO when I was there recently and despite the site saying they were availalbe they did n't know what I was talking about.

https://auspost.com.au/sending/send-within-australia/compare-letter-services/letter-tracking

Message 37 of 40
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:

Suitable for sending

That's right - anything that is less than 2 cm - so it's been great for high value but thin books.

The only proviso now is stated on the tab:    this envelope is not suitble for sending loose or small rigid items such as jewellery, precious stones, keys, coins or USBs.

Message 38 of 40
Latest reply

It's not a level playing field for them either - I know it happened with the 1kg satchels when they were first introduced too
Message 39 of 40
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

@twyngwyn wrote:

Suitable for sending

That's right - anything that is less than 2 cm - so it's been great for high value but thin books.

The only proviso now is stated on the tab:    this envelope is not suitble for sending loose or small rigid items such as jewellery, precious stones, keys, coins or USBs.

The operative word there being "loose." Just make sure to package them up in some way, maybe put them in a plastic bag and tape them to a piece of cardboard, or wrap them in bubble wrap. The problem being if the envelope gets damaged they could fall out, and a key for example could be the item that pokes the hole in the envelope in the first place. My secret to small loose items is to make sure they are in the middle of the envelope like this:

IMG_20190508_211944.jpg

I could be wrong, but I think I saw those tracked envelopes in my local AP. They are green aren't they? Cashflow is a problem for me atm, so I have been holding off on buying them, but I do want them. I hate ordering from AP online, they are so slow, and usually require a signature which is a pain.

As for the original topic, I have been getting messages from all over the country. Got one from Perth and one from Melbourne about inr today. I guess it's just AP being slow because of the holidays.

Message 40 of 40
Latest reply