Most Dismal - May Sales

well the month of May has seen the most dismal sales transactions I have ever experienced on ebay

sales for me started declining from September last year and May has confirmed for me that it will soon be time to close up shop

I do not believe the economy is solely responsible for this downturn, ebay for me has become akin to QS in respects to traffic and selling

just a vent lol

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Most Dismal - May Sales

I believe everyone is in the same boat, including US and UK sellers .... all saying the same thing.  

I'm wondering if the ebay/paypal split and the changes they'll have to do to the sites behind the scenes, are causing longer black-outs then usual?

Just a thought.

Anyway hang in there, you're not the only one .

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

yes, I had also thought that ebay is currently working behind the scenes which usually results in these dormant periods which could be a contributing factor

I agree having read many of the comments left by sellers on these boards that quite a few are struggling and I also glanced the usa boards to note the same thing

my only concern and I am sure many others concern is whether ebays future will provide for the continuance of operating a business on this site, I list on other sites and am currently looking into estabishing my own website so I do not put all my eggs in one basket so to speak, although having said that prior to September last year I had no need for alternatives as ebay was returning for me a fairly good profit margin

hopefully things will begin to pick up again soon

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Rachelle,

Ditto for us. May sales are worst ever for us on ebay.

We have recently established our own web site and started selling on other venues.

Like you we did not see the need to do this until the past couple of months. But now we have to as this is our sole source of income.

So we are just tinkering with SEO on our web site now and are considering closing down one of our two ebay stores due to slow performance.

I have heard a few others with web sites saying that the slow-down has not happened on their sites, only on ebay.

What I cannot understand is why would ebay wish to throttle sales. As by doing this they cut down their own income. Makes no sense.

So it has to be a lack of buyer traffic IMHO. Especially as web sites don't appear to be following the trend.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

yes, I am also looking into a website, I think it is time, thinking also twitter more so than facebook, have not yet looked fully into it but google has tool which could prove helpful driving traffic called google product search

my ebay store is also my main source of income and so I am sure you can also fully understand the angst, frustration and uncertainty in relation to the current climes on ebay and how it impacts business and income generation

good luck and I hope your site reaps well for you

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

Mine too.. worst on record by a huge 30% !

I have nothing to lose, so Im not leaving.

You would think since Googles update that made Ebay lose masses of traffic, that they would have fixed that by now (other websites have), but apparently they are still struggling (source: NASDAQ reports). 

Its really hard not to think Ebay is doing something very unethical behind the scenes, in line with their apparent new business plan thats moving toward big name businesses.

If they would only realise if they help us, we can help them.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Same with me.

Worst Month is Sales for over 2 years.

Sales are down more than 50%

Sales seem to come in blocks over 1 day only..then nothing for days

Very worrying

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

My sales are more than 50% down. Ebay is just not worth the effort now. Clossing at the end of June

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Maybe you should take your own advice and stop posting the same complaints over and over about Ebay hey. 

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Well that comment would have to be a classic of the 'pot calling the kettle black'.

TBH I don't know (or really care) what your beef is, but it's a bit rich having a go at others when you regularly post your issues with eBay.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply