Most Dismal - May Sales

well the month of May has seen the most dismal sales transactions I have ever experienced on ebay

sales for me started declining from September last year and May has confirmed for me that it will soon be time to close up shop

I do not believe the economy is solely responsible for this downturn, ebay for me has become akin to QS in respects to traffic and selling

just a vent lol

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Most Dismal - May Sales

That wasn't my advice.  I never said stop complaining altogether (in fact, i said "I assume this is the same issue youve been vented about repeatedly. Not that theres anything wrong with that of course..."). My advice was a call to action - actually do something about it instead of complaining all the time.  

You are posting about one particular greivance that is specific to you, over and over, that may not even be particularly valid,  while ignoring the advice given to enable you to fix the situation. You have a solution, you choose not to take it.

I am posting about an issue that is Ebay wide, across multiple countries and thousands of sellers and stock holders,  that cannot be fixed by myself alone.

My post is about creating awareness for both sides.  

Yours is about waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Most Dismal - May Sales

Ebay are being penalised by GOOGLE.Smiley Wink

Ebay is hanging themselves by favouring large retailers, most folk i talk to that want to but from a large retailer go direct to there www site and by pass ebay.

Ebay is falling for the old story about eggs, basket or something.Smiley Surprised

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Most Dismal - May Sales

@gtx305 wrote:

You would think since Googles update that made Ebay lose masses of traffic, that they would have fixed that by now (other websites have), but apparently they are still struggling (source: NASDAQ reports). 

eBay's website has always been all over the place. Theres like settings in so many different parts of the website. You can't see of all them on a page (or a simplified matter).

For example if I want to view traffic reports, I would have to log into eBay, then go to my store then log into that go to the store manager and then find the traffic reports, then sign in again just to see it.

Why is the process so difficult to get to?

Why can't it just be "Log into eBay and click on stats report"?

And I've already logged into eBay, I need to LOG AGAIN via forums just to see the powerseller thread?

Why oh why is the process so cumbersome?

Probably why it lost its google search ranks, it never tried to update .. rather add on extra features constantly and never tried to base their rankings via the new google update (thus being punished for it).

Just reminds me when Sega tried to add extra feature to their megasystem (or was it a megadrive), in the end it looked like it was on life support.

Suggestion for eBay: REVAMP the whole website and start again from scratch.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Most Dismal - May Sales

saarzi
Community Member
Cassini (their new search system) was a complete overhaul from scratch as far as Im aware. I doubt theyll be doing that again any time soon.

The fluidity of the website is a different thing though. It does suck but I doubt it had much to do with the Google penalties. You can read about the Google upgrade (Panda 4.0) and why /how it affected Ebay online.
Message 15 of 15
Latest reply