My 3 Free Auto Relists Are Coming Off My Free Listing

I recently accepted 150 free listings, this was the second lot in 2 months (lucky me) they started on weekend just gone (22/4 - 1/5) but I did not go on over weekend to list anything, had planned to do it during week nights, but come Monday I find that 22 of my free auto relists had come off my free listings.  I spoke to eBay chat on Monday and got told it was a computer gliche, several sellers complained and it was being fixed, my free listings would be reinstated.

Wednesday I find nothing has changed, so chat again to eBay, this time I was told I am no longer eligable for auto relists as I sell more than 12k a year, which is laughable as I would be lucky to sell $300 - $500 of my own clothing in that time.  I tried to explain that I am not a business, but someone who sells her own items and does not sell that much sometimes I don't even use the 40 free in a month if I have not had a cupboard cleanout, but when 150 free are offered I make the effort.

I told the chat person what I was told Monday and that I would sort it out myself, as obvioulsy ebay staff do not communicate to each other, I then got eBay to call me back.

Supervisor was lovely, she confirmed a computer gliche but instead of getting back my free listings, I would be credited in May for list fees, in the end I lose the free auto relists, as they are coming off my free listings.  It has somehow worked in eBays favour, just a warning to check your auto relists and any free lists.  

I appreciate the free listings, but with eBay fees getting higher and higher, it is nice to get something extra for free, but somehow they still manage to get their money.       

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: My 3 Free Auto Relists Are Coming Off My Free Listing

Are these item numbers you had a 3 Free auto relists ? If so they have come off your 150 Freebies.

Message 21 of 23
Latest reply

@wardrobe_delights wrote:

Ok, so the chat person, the supervisor and the customer service on FB page I spoke to, who all told me eBay are working on fixing it, and to keep a record of the items that auto relisted so I can obtain a credit for insertion fees are making it up.  

No, they're not making up, they are reading of a script. A computer generated script. If I sent an email or called them I'd be told exactly the same thing word perfect.

I have been selling for nearly as long as you and I know for a fact this "glirch" has been going on since 2664 started several years ago. Anytime someone has contacted eBay, they are told exactly the same as you, that it's a glitch. 

What most people do is have their 150 ready to list before they accept the offer, defer accepting until tomorrow's finishing items have relisted, or go nuts listing 150 before anything else relists.

The technical team have been working on it for years. There is nothing you can do now apart fro, stopping any auto relists until you've listed your new items.

If you go back through all the posts for the 2664 promotion you'll see mentioned many times "don't forget any auto relists will come off the promotion". It's not going to change any time soon.

Message 22 of 23
Latest reply

You said your not a business but you sell almost all new clothes with tags? these arnt ex worn clothesbut brand new? thats a business by looks of it?!

How do you come across these New with Tags Clothes?

Message 23 of 23
Latest reply