My account has been restricted for selling Hypwave Clothing with no explanation from eBay.

Does anybody know what's wrong with this brand? I don't even sell it myself - another family member was selling it.

eBay chat line won't restore my account - what should I do?

Message 1 of 59
Latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: My account has been restricted for selling Hypwave Clothing with no explanation from eBay.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hypwave must be a diffusion label because Hypwave isn't listed in Australian

ebay's Vero participant's page.

While I was there I tried looking up an old competitor who tried using an expired patent to get my listing canned.

Not there...good riddance.

Message 21 of 59
Latest reply

Re: My account has been restricted for selling Hypwave Clothing with no explanation from eBay.

I went back into my history, and the listing I'd clicked on said the seller was in Florida. The description showed this:

Stand Out by hypwave

100% Cotton

Made to order in the USA in 2 - 3 days

Ships within the US in 5 - 7 days

Is the kid in Australia or the US? If he's in the US, then there is no reason why your account should be restricted if you're in Australia. If he's not in the US, then he's stolen his listing description from someone else, so deserves to be sanctioned.

Listing states:

$8.00 Standard International Shipping See details
International shipment of items may be subject to customs processing and additional charges.  

Item location:
Clearwater, Florida, United States

Ships to:
Worldwide See exclusions

Delivery:

Estimated Delivery within 27-48 business days
This item has an extended handling time and a delivery estimate greater than 26 business days.
Please allow additional time if international delivery is subject to customs processing.

Looks like the kid got busted. Good. Another scammer gone from the site.
Message 22 of 59
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Hypwave must be a diffusion label because Hypwave isn't listed in Australian

ebay's Vero participant's page.

While I was there I tried looking up an old competitor who tried using an expired patent to get my listing canned.

Not there...good riddance.

Did you miss this bit?

Though not all VeRO participants have a page, those that do can be found at our VeRO participant pages - opens in new window or tab.

Message 23 of 59
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@twyngwyn wrote:

have a look at the seller here:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/hypwave/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_ipg&_from&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p204673...

Is it your son?

Now I'm confused. I clicked on this link earlier, just after you posted it, and it was a US seller selling hoodies, with a feedback score of over 500. Now, I'm getting someone in Australia, with no listings, and a feedback under 100.

I'm thinking the OP's kid is playing off another brand name. Both brands look very similar, so I'm thinking the son thought he could make a few bucks by using a brand similar to one that is possibly popular (I've never heard of it, but that doesn't mean much). Maybe getting buyers to think they were buying the registered brand name, instead of the knock off.

OP, your kid stuffed up, and now everyone in the house pays the price. None of you will ever get the restrictions lifted, so you better thank him for pretending to be someone he's not and live with the consequences. The best you can hope for is buying only. Unless you move house and change ISPs. Then you can create a new account and start from scratch. Apart from that, you're stuffed.

That was my train of thought ๐Ÿ‘

Message 24 of 59
Latest reply

I agree.  The account is registered in Australia, but he says the location is Florida USA.

Stand Out by hypwave

100% Cotton

Made to order in the USA in 2 - 3 days

Ships within the US in 5 - 7 days

I think he's been playing fast and loose with ebay......and lost, big time.

Did he re-list after the listings were removed?

All accounts with that IP address are now banned.

edit:  but wait.......you have 23 listings - that's not a permanent ban

Message 25 of 59
Latest reply

He is definitely not a scammer. He started a dropshipping business where he gets his clothing made to order in Florida. He came up with the brand name and designs all by himself - I saw him working through the whole process. It is likely another seller uses the same dropshipping service so things might look similar in terms of policies and shipping information. He designed everything himself using some old photo negatives of holidays we had lying around by digitising them and adding them to hoodies. Any similarity to another company is probably just a coincidence since he did look through trademarks in Australia to make sure the name wasn't already taken. I have multiple accounts with many positive feedback and an exemplary record as an ebayer and so does my son with around 50 positive feedback and no negatives. I suggest you don't go around calling people scammers because this is a place to help people.

Message 26 of 59
Latest reply

@Ephemera - what exactly does the suspension letter from Ebay tell you?

This will help you work our exactly which of the linked accounts is at fault and hopefully why.

Message 27 of 59
Latest reply

Hi, the letter is a restriction letter which says until the issues with my son's account are resolved i can't sell.

I had another go with chat line this morning & got the same response as yesterday. When my son asked them what he could do

to resolve the issues - they said "Due to eBay's privacy policy we're unable to tell you". I think this is a very heavy handed approach in dealing with their own customers.

Message 28 of 59
Latest reply

I thought that the restriction letter was meant to outline what to do - I would be pretty frustrated with the lack of information.

Maybe he should close that account down which might unlock your other accounts?

Message 29 of 59
Latest reply

Thanks jellybirddesigns for your lateral thinking! we'll try that see if it works.

Message 30 of 59
Latest reply