My account has been restricted for selling Hypwave Clothing with no explanation from eBay.

Does anybody know what's wrong with this brand? I don't even sell it myself - another family member was selling it.

eBay chat line won't restore my account - what should I do?

Message 1 of 59
Latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

My account has been restricted for selling Hypwave Clothing with no explanation from eBay.

Beat me to it twyn, my thoughts exactly.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 59
Latest reply

It doesn't matter if another family member was using your account, then you're the one who bears the responsibility as you are the account owner.

Were the items being sold as new or used?

I'm guessing if they were sold as new and your family member is not an authorised distributor, then you'll have issues, as the brand owner will assume they are counterfeit and have asked Ebay to step in to protect their brand.

Are you talking about another account as this one still appears to be active?

Message 4 of 59
Latest reply

Was there a reason another family member was using your account?

Was their own account shut down for trying to sell the same items? 

Message 5 of 59
Latest reply

The name is his own brand - hypwave. He's not infringing on copyright

@twyngwyn wrote:
do you mean Hyperwave? If so look here:

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/listing-policies/selling-policies/vero-policy?id=4349&st=12&po...

Message 6 of 59
Latest reply

Thanks guys for your help. My son was selling new items that were created under his own label. My account was restricted because we live at the same address and have the same surname. eBay won't hep at all to restore or explain why it was removed - they just say it's confidential. 

Message 7 of 59
Latest reply

I can't list anything anymore my accounts been frozen.

Message 8 of 59
Latest reply

have you been bidding on each other's items?
Message 9 of 59
Latest reply

I had 4 accounts - none are working now- close to 1000 postive feedback all destroyed - no explanation from eBay.

Don't rely on eBay sell on multiple platforms protect yourselves!

Message 10 of 59
Latest reply