My account has been restricted for selling Hypwave Clothing with no explanation from eBay.

Does anybody know what's wrong with this brand? I don't even sell it myself - another family member was selling it.

eBay chat line won't restore my account - what should I do?

Message 1 of 59
Latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

My account has been restricted for selling Hypwave Clothing with no explanation from eBay.

Yes that his account.

Message 12 of 59
Latest reply

Can you get your son to contact support?

It seems to be a bit better if you have a representative call you instead of calling them.

Message 13 of 59
Latest reply

He already contacted support and they said they couldn't do anything to help him or even restore my accounts. It's a permanent ban

Message 14 of 59
Latest reply

is he in Managed Payments? If so, I recall reading somewhere that you can only sell on the site where you live (and then list internationally).....could be wrong.....will have a look
Message 15 of 59
Latest reply

Thanks Twyngwn for your help

He doesn't use managed payments.

Hopefully somebody will read these posts & tell us what's going on.

Possibly somebody else wanting to lodge a Trademark with that name ?

Message 16 of 59
Latest reply

There are already a number of products and services with variations on the name.

Hypewave

Hyperwave

etc.

It's possible that a trademark owner considered your son's "brand" to be muddying the waters and filed a complaint with Ebay.

As to why ALL your accounts were restricted, that is a shame and frustrating that Ebay won't give you a straight answer.

After all, you would think they would just delist the offending items and give a warning.

Is is possible to keep on contacting customer support and asking to speak to someone higher up?

You could also pose the question on Reddit or Whirlpool forums to see if anyone else can give you ideas.

Message 17 of 59
Latest reply

After a little research, Ebay suspends accounts for the following reasons:

• Non-payment of eBay fees
  • Not reimbursing eBay for a refund we made to your buyer
  • A serious violation of one of our rules and policies

Sometimes, we may also restrict or suspend your account if the payment method on file is out of date, or has recently been declined. To remove this suspension, you'll need to update your payment method.

Do ANY of these apply on ANY of your accounts - maybe it's not related to your son?

You would have received a message from Ebay - did the suspension letter tell you that it was a temporary suspension of xxx number of days, or a permanent one?

Message 18 of 59
Latest reply

The suspension letter you would have received will outline what, if any, steps you can take to remedy your account.

If your account is on hold, restricted, or suspended, we'll send an email to your registered email address and to your eBay Messages explaining why. We'll also let you know what you need to do before it can be reinstated.

Message 19 of 59
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:

have a look at the seller here:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/hypwave/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_ipg&_from&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p204673...

Is it your son?

Now I'm confused. I clicked on this link earlier, just after you posted it, and it was a US seller selling hoodies, with a feedback score of over 500. Now, I'm getting someone in Australia, with no listings, and a feedback under 100.

I'm thinking the OP's kid is playing off another brand name. Both brands look very similar, so I'm thinking the son thought he could make a few bucks by using a brand similar to one that is possibly popular (I've never heard of it, but that doesn't mean much). Maybe getting buyers to think they were buying the registered brand name, instead of the knock off.

OP, your kid stuffed up, and now everyone in the house pays the price. None of you will ever get the restrictions lifted, so you better thank him for pretending to be someone he's not and live with the consequences. The best you can hope for is buying only. Unless you move house and change ISPs. Then you can create a new account and start from scratch. Apart from that, you're stuffed.

Message 20 of 59
Latest reply