My money isn't yours, eBay - Fix your systems, be transparent, and provide customer support!

j_ds_au
Community Member

I'm really p@$@&d off that eBay thinks that the money from my sales belongs to them. After going through hoops to re-activate my account to sell a few odds and ends (such as giving access to my bank account, which I was very unhappy with in the first place), when I finally got a sale, eBay then decides that I need to provide my driver's license to be entitled to receive my money. So they think that by default, it's their money! Yet having already twice now provided the requested documentation, still my status says that I need to provide this - and there's ZERO customer support available to sort out whatever is wrong with their stupid system! This is f@^%#%g pathetic! I never had any problems like this when PayPal was handling my payments.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

My money isn't yours, eBay - Fix your systems, be transparent, and provide customer support!

Stiff bickies.

Jump through the hoops like the rest of us did and you will get your money, after you clear the new/reactivate restrictions.

Let me guess, you haven't bothered to keep up with eBay policy changes. Stiff bickies. Lots of non-alphabetic characters.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Your sale was a pick up.

Why didn't you just take cash when they picked it up?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Possibly the buyer paid via PayPal or other means which lead to it being a MP.

I often have this problem with pick ups, despite in location stating this as well as it being written in the listing. Buyer’s sometimes don’t read. Had one last week. Cash only on pick up items. Pays via whatever method so it’s Managed Payments. Buyer confirms day and time last week on Monday to pick up at 4pm Tuesday. Doesn’t show up, no message, and haven’t heard from him since. I’m not chasing him to come pick up, will wait for him to contact me.

ive previously refunded in these situations and asked for cash on pick up.  Every time I refund the payment eBay then deducts funds from my bank account, rather than the funds that are “processing”. The only other option is to cancel the transaction. It’s a ridiculous refund system in these circumstances. JMHO

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

As you do not like ebays  fully transparent terms, which you could have read  while jumping through hoops, you better remove your unsold listings, as the same terms (holds) will apply.  Just as they have done for over 4yrs

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Contact eBay and tell them

Instead of accusing other members and blaming them for your ignorance 

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply