My partner cannot list more than 100 items and PayPal withholds payments. We have no income!

Our Bricks & mortar bookshop is on the way out so I have recently started selling on eBay.  My partner signed up with eBay and started listing as well, but discovered that he can't list more than 100 items.  When he does sell items, PayPal will not release the money for at least two weeks, which makes it difficult to actually pay postage with no income.  I think this is totally unfair.  We cannot apply for Centrelink payments until our business is totally closed.  What are your thoughts?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: My partner cannot list more than 100 items and PayPal withholds payments. We have no income!

Thats good to know - thankyou!  I'll let him know.  Things have certainly changed over the last few years!

Jenni

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Re: My partner cannot list more than 100 items and PayPal withholds payments. We have no income!

@babblingapril wrote:
No he's listing DVDs and adding postage. I'm supposed to be listing the books but snuck in a few DVDs only to discover I'm actually paying the buyer to take one or two LOL. He has sold a few ...

lol paying the buyer to take them away 😁 I think we all do that from time to time. dvd's are very competitive. I have a heap of good quality ones, some still in shrinkwrap, but keep putting them in my death pile lol probably just sell in bulk, but even if he loses money in the short term, anything that sells will serve the purpose of developing the sales history Ebay need.

I also agree with others who have said to not be afraid to ask for an increased selling limit. I found they were painfully slow increasing it unless I rang and asked nicely 😁 

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Also when you ring ebay to 'beg' for a listing increase - mention that you're selling books (media) & that in order to have a viable selection you need more than 100 items...

It worked for me on a previous ID selling books - although that ID was linked to my Powerseller ID. 
Ebay tripled the items allowed.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

@babblingapril wrote:
Thanks davewil1965 ... shows you how long since I listed anything. I haven't been game to use the eBay postage - I always post an item on the same day (if possible) ... do they actually pick up from you or can you use eBay postage and take to the PO yourself?
Jenni

eBay postage is a subset of Australia Post. If you don't qualify for MyPost Business discounts, it's 30c cheaper to metro locations and the same to rural.

You do need to buy satchels (15c each in 20 packs, available through AP's eBay store) and print the labels. Then take them to the PO and get a lodgement scan.

That's for Small satchels. I don't use the larger sizes much since the rules changed. I have some Medium prepaids as I got them cheaper before the last price increase.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Also, your partner can get over the 21 day hold if tracking shows it's delivered, or

feedback is received.

You'll need to contact Paypal to get the funds released.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply