My wholesaler is now selling retail on eBay.... and im a little pissed.

One of my wholealers is now selling retail on eBay, and hence - is now my direct competition.  I was the first to sell these products on eBay, and im sure you can see why im a little 'pissed'.  I've written him emails and asked him if he thinks his customers will be annoyed at him, and his reply, in broken english, was, 'the world is now flat and this is business'.  That's funny, because im sure the world is round..., but bloody hell.... A wholesaler selling on ebay??  I have about 10 wholesalers, and if they all sold their items on eBay, i would be stuffed..  Im ready for a fight, im ready to win... but i don't know how.  Competing with the Chinese isnt easy.  He informed me that he would make his prices more expensive, which he hasn't done.  There is no way i can sell them at his prices, with FREE POSTAGE.  Im mad... Does anyone have any 'FIGHT BACK' ideas, apart from ridding the world of the Illuminati.... ๐Ÿ˜‰

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: My wholesaler is now selling retail on eBay.... and im a little **bleep**.

why are all these old threads being dragged up. the info in most of them is irrelevant now.

Message 21 of 32
Latest reply

Harley!!

This thread is 3 years old.

OP is doing very well selling,  by the looks of it.

Message 22 of 32
Latest reply

yep just saw that and edited my post.
Message 23 of 32
Latest reply

I just had a look.

This thread came from page 193 - the very last page.

Do they actually sit there and go through them all or what?

Message 24 of 32
Latest reply

I think what happens is they type some keywords in the search box and select something from the dropdown that appears. I've looked at some of the options in the dropdown and they are years old.

Message 25 of 32
Latest reply

Smiley Very Happy me too.

I didn't notice the dates and I was quite surprised by the original post-how an aussie seller was really put out by a Chinese seller coming on ebay.

Just shows how much things have changed in a few short years as listings from China are practically taking over.

Message 26 of 32
Latest reply

Nothing you can do other than present the items better to the australian market. I know "Australian Retailer of Young Female Clothing" (eh I'm sure I'm contractually prevented from naming who) buy the majority of their stock out of asia for like $10 per item and resell it for $70+ just by taking new photo's  of everything with young blonde white women and it sells like crazy (even though a lot of it is available direct from asia on ebay....) the brand is making over a million in profit per year just by marketting better than the wholesalers do in the Australian market.

Message 27 of 32
Latest reply

I don't know but I have a feeling that this will be a big problem to all retailers, not only to online retailers but also to store retailers in all the countries that they are allowed to sell. With their very low prices and free shipping, it is going to be impossible for retailers to compete with them. They used to be wholesalers now they are selling as retailers in different countries in the world. I also think that they are hardly paying any custom duties/taxes as long as they are shipping individual products with prices less than $20 in most countries.
Message 28 of 32
Latest reply

Not this old thread again.
Message 29 of 32
Latest reply

Ebay has destroyed Aussie sellers by having the warehouses in Australia for Chinese sellers so they can say Australian seller
They are not Australian sellers at all all the.money goes straight to China
Ever wondered why when you have to communicate with the seller the reply is in Chinglish?
Message 30 of 32
Latest reply