NEGATIVE feedback option for time wasting non paying bidders to be exposed?

It is high time that ebay reintroduce feedback options for SELLERS, other than positive - so that time wasting NON PAYING BIDDERS can be exposed!!   Any other sellers agree?....

Message 1 of 83
Latest reply
82 REPLIES 82

Re: NEGATIVE feedback option for time wasting non paying bidders to be exposed?

@gec2002 wrote:

The strike system does not work.  It seems to be working for me.

Aren't you lucky, unfortunately for a lot of sellers its not working

how many strikes do I get as a seller before E'bay close or suspend my account. I don't know, how many?

If they knew they would not have asked the question, clearly you don't know either so why bait the writer with "how many" they have implied they don't know

Isn't it eBay's decision to decide when to take action against people they believe are in breach of their contract with them?

Yes it is, so are you saying that sellers have no right to voice an opinion, and perhaps try to influence eBay in their decision making

Not at all. Where have I said that?

There are some sellers who do not use the strike system, preferring instead to leave a false positive feedback,

Yes and for every false positive I would bet there are others who don't leave FB and just issue a strike as there is no other opinion other than to leave a positive, or are you infering that buyer with false positives have zero strikes.  The system might work,t if it wasn't so easy to get strikes removed or start off again with a new trading ID and zero strikes)

The new ID is a hard one to get around. I didn't know it was easy to get a strike removed. But if a person goes through the UID process, not only do they get their fees back, but then neither party can leave feedback, and if some slips through prior to the case closing and remians, if it is brought to eBay's attention, they should remove it. So that suggests that people with false positives aren't being issued strikes.

so it is your fellow sellers letting you down

how offensive, I am certainly not letting down my fellow sellers and I would bet neither are most of the sellers on this forum

Put it in the context in which iot was written and intended. This clearly relates to those sellers not following the processes. And apparentl;y, only about 3% of people use these forums, so there are a lot more sellers out there than just "us". But we know that there are sellers who use this forum who do advocate the false positive quite strongly. We also know that there are many sellers who are not familiar with the tools available who thuis don't even know about the UID process, not even to get their fees back - so then they blame eBay and say "what a rip off"

So it is sellers that fall into these categories who let the rest of us down. It is these sellers who don't work with the system to help us protect not only themselves, but the rest of us too,

I fail to understand how any of this is eBay's fault. 

It may not be eBays fault but that doesn't mean that the system could not be improved, you may not be able to see it but sometimes customers can see issues much better than management, and if an organisation isn't prepared to listen to ALL of its customers (buyers and Sellers) than its going to miss out on a great deal of insight into its business

I agree - and back there, there was a brilliant suggestion by Digi - why not focus on something like that and present it in a manner that eBay will take notice and consider it? We have to put it in terms opf "what's in it for them" not "what's in it for us"

You have had more non payers in your short time here than I have had in 9 years. I have no explanation for that,

All I can say is either you don't sell much or you have been very lucky, eBay themselves estimate that non payment is running at about 2.6% in 2012 equal to $468 million per year

I go in spurts - a few years on, then stopped for a while, just been back for a year, but have wound things down again now and just keep rotating the last few hundred listing that are "in the system". I thought I had an idea of "how to make my million", so I gave it a go, but it's back to the drawing board for a while LOL

I do mainly run on BIN automatic payment. I really only use auctions for marketing purposes.

Is that figure just for Australia???

WOW

That's $47 million a year in fees. I wonder how many sellers do claim back their fees.

If we as users believe that eBay are in breach of their contract with us, then we can bring them to task, If enough people band together, maybe even as a class action in tort?  I don't know nor am I advocating this. 

Yes but only in Australia, as you read user agreements I am sure you know that in the US their user agreement under Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief states "YOU AND EBAY AGREE THAT EACH OF US MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING."   So if you have problems with US buyers don't think about class action.

I don't know much about class action (I did say I don't know), or US T&C, I just know the country in which I am trading and trade with.

Alternatively, if any of us are not happy with the service that eBay do provide us, then they have also made it clear that they will agree to release you from your contractual obligations with them any time that you choose. All you have to do is ask to close your account and once eBay are satisfied that everything is finalized, they are happy to sever the contract, 

Yes I am sure they would but actually a lot of us sellers like trading on eBay, but that doesn't mean that we don't think there aren't issues and problems - in a meanful business relationship one would hope the bigger more powerful partner would listen to the compliants of the junior partner, rather than just ride rough shod over them because they can.  The issue is more than just the legalities.

But I guess I can go off to my fantasy world as rudely suggested by you earlier.

Of course they will listen, but the idea has to have weight as explained earlier and has to be sold to them so they can see what's in it for them? They're only going to do something if it is beneficial for them in some manner. That's all business, not just eBay.

So we do what we're doing here, but if someone can see issues with a suggestion, isn't it better to discuss those rather than ignore them? Rather than everybody go ooooo tyhat's great, I agree? Cos if we want eBay to take us seriously, it has to be a viable solution.

Someone said back there that this NPB thing has been going on for years, pretty sure that ebay have heard the opinions by now, so no doubt they have listened to the "junior partner", given it thought and determined that as yet it is not a viable issue to address any more than has been done.

So, we have to give them something to listen to! They don't think it is a problem (or at least a significant problem.) Lets show them it is (need facts and statistics) and offer a viable solution.

But we also have to consider what else they are identifying as issues and if they are greater issues that they think require more priority for action.

Maybe they can't fix everything at once, can't service and overhaul the whole thing at once, so work down a list of priorities and address those that most affect their business first.

We can fill thousands of posts with "they should do something" clearly, they don't agree at this time, so we need to convince them they do need to, and that is with valid suggestions with loopholes closed so that they don't dismiss them. That's the best shot of getting something fixed. provide them with a viable reason and a solution.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 81 of 83
Latest reply

I absolutely agree, I just left positive feedback for a time waster, saying he was a NPB and it was removed. I have blocked him from bidding again, but how does this help other sellers. eBay is way too focused on buyers than sellers, I am considering closing my account, as I am tired of their attitude. I will just turn into a buyer who pays when I feel like it!
Message 82 of 83
Latest reply

did you issue your NPB with a strike?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 83 of 83
Latest reply