NEW RETURN SYSTEM

Who has noticed a large leap in item returns since the new system came into place??

Even buyers getting refunds without sending the items back.

Thats right not  returning the item back.No tracking number nothing.

See one case

eBay Customer Support has reviewed the case and made a final decision.
We issued a full refund of ---------  on 28 Jan, 2015 to the buyer. As described in the eBay Buyer Protection program, the refund includes the purchase price, plus original postage. This amount will be deducted from your PayPal account or charged to your preferred reimbursement payment method. The hold on this PayPal transaction has been removed. This case is closed.

Decision:
This case has been decided in the buyer's favour.

Comments:
The buyer claimed that the item didn't match the description.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: NEW RETURN SYSTEM

re sending return shipping label. How does that work? Do I send an ebay prepaid satchel label ? If so how do I get it addressed to me with buyer as sender? How does that work if buyer does not have ebay satchels?

If it is a boxed return what if buyers packing is bigger than original, label will be undervalued.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

I have just been through this, it's certainly not easy. I had to ring ebay 3 times to have my money refunded as seller would not send a return label.
Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

Are they supposed to post a label email it or what/?How does ebay police it?..So many questions.

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

along with the post cost, feedback system, i reckon this will kill ebay for the average joe, its just ridiculous, why bother selling?

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

My money was returned after 5 days and a phone call to Ebay. Seller was asked to email me an ebay post label for a 500g bag...they never responded....so Ebay refunded without the need to return. My item was a clear counterfiet item. As I am normally a seller I'm not sure how you would prove that the item was as described. Luckily I have had no return claims myself.

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

It's a (insert profanity) new system. Here's what I've just learned thanks to a recent case

-A customer does not have to prove the item is not as described!

-A customer does not have to provide any photographs

-The seller is not asked to prove that it was as described

-The seller is not asked for any information to back up claims it is as described

-Ebay refund the seller before you have your goods back

-Ebay make the seller pay for the returned postage

-Ebay do not follow up to make sure you have your goods back.

yep good luck with that one ebay! They've just cost me nearly $500 and I don't have my item back.

If there was another online auction marketplace...i'd be there!

So over their changes that screw over sellers! #whomakesthesedecisions?

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

yes having same issues.
Ebay doesn't take into account your own policy, **bleep** **bleep**
Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

It seems to me that eBay is facillitating theft.

There are some glaring inconsistancies with the new return system.

So a buyer simply has to "claim" an item was damaged/faulty/not as described and that is all. No evidence needed.They return it and their word is all that is required. Should the seller be away or out of communication and miss the request within four days the buyer keeps the item and is fully refunded. I am amazed this is not illegal.

This is institutionalised stealing. It is not fair or reasonable. 

A buyer may use an item for up to thirty days and severly damage it (say a mobile phone dropped in water) and claim the item is faulty and claim a return. The seller who may well be very familiar wih his/her products can easily see what has happened but has no way to make their counter case. So again they lose.

The sellers seems to have completely disproportionate rights. Should a buyer return a brick in a box, so long as there is a tracking number they lose their item and money. There appears to be no real pathway to appeal and their "word" unlike the buyers has no value.

A seller will quickly be recognised via feedback and defects should there be issues. A buyer ...well there is no feedback, so how do we know if they are serial returner-thieves?

There are many more problems and inconsistancies. 

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

Yes   after weeks .....and leaving excellent feedback ....what is going on ....I really don't think I can handle all this   6 happy years  but at 73 too old for the hassle .....more breakages too since using ebay labels    bri

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

The moral is you can't sell anything you can't afford to risk losing.

Factoring theft factor is going to be the required mode of operation going forward. Playing the odds game.

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply