NEW RETURN SYSTEM

Who has noticed a large leap in item returns since the new system came into place??

Even buyers getting refunds without sending the items back.

Thats right not  returning the item back.No tracking number nothing.

See one case

eBay Customer Support has reviewed the case and made a final decision.
We issued a full refund of ---------  on 28 Jan, 2015 to the buyer. As described in the eBay Buyer Protection program, the refund includes the purchase price, plus original postage. This amount will be deducted from your PayPal account or charged to your preferred reimbursement payment method. The hold on this PayPal transaction has been removed. This case is closed.

Decision:
This case has been decided in the buyer's favour.

Comments:
The buyer claimed that the item didn't match the description.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: NEW RETURN SYSTEM

no not really.
I just had a look at your pictures, all that writing all over them is pretty distracting, not in a good way either.
Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

I seem to be having a purple patch at the moment with lost ausie post items, buyers wanting their items mailed during Australia day long weekend and my first return request for an item it appears ( but cant prove ) customer damaged because they did not know what they where doing. Not sure if this is the new ebay system at work or just having a bad few days.

Either way, its doing my head in.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Nope! Not had one single one.

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

I have to return my first ever item and the seller wont send though a return label. I called Ebay and if sellers don't send the label within  4 business days the buyer is refunded without the need to return the item. I'm not sure if sellers get the message to tell them abut the label. 

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

I've had a buyer request a return (for the first time), which I've declined with eBay's approval. The buyer has told me that, despite being denied a return or refund, she'll be returning the item anyway.

Ebay have seen her messages, and advised me to refuse to accept the item when it arrives, or send it back to the buyer. I have the feeling it'll get messy at some point...

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

If the buyer has been reimbursed without returning the item without your consent (as long as you haven't forfieted by not responding to the return request in time, etc) this is illegal and also contravenes ebay's own policy:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html

In particular:

When an item doesn't match the listing description

If a buyer receives an item that doesn't match the listing description, the buyer needs to request a return from My eBay. The seller should address the buyer's concern and offer a solution, such as accepting a return, offering a replacement or refund.

If the buyer doesn't receive a response or solution, or returns the item but doesn't receive a refund or replacement from the seller, the buyer can ask us to step in and help.

If asked to step in and help, we review the item description and any other information about the item that the buyer and seller provide. If we can't determine that the item matches the listing description, if the seller has already offered a return, or the seller's stated return window and policy applies, we may ask the buyer to return the item to the seller.

When an item is returned to the seller

• The buyer must return the item in the same condition in which it was received.

• The seller is required to accept the return at the same location specified in the listing.

• The cost of return postage is the seller's responsibility. For return of items with a total cost of $750 or more, we require signature confirmation.

• The seller pays for any customs charges on the returned item.

After confirming that the item was returned to the seller, we will refund the full cost of the item and original postage to the buyer. We require the seller to reimburse us for the amount. When the buyer arranges delivery or picks up the item, we may not refund the cost of original postage or pickup.

If this applies to your case.  I would be calling ebay and quoting their own policy back at them.  If you can't get any joy from the first CS rep you speak to, demand to speak to a supervisor.  This is outrageous!

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Good evening, I have now had two returns, and the reason quoted is that it does not fit? I list as much information as posssible regarding measurements, and on one returned item on my listing I said it was a small fitting.

My question to everyone: I have started to add to my conditions, that I will only accept returns if I have made and error, not if the item does not fit or for poor choice.

sI that enought to stop these returns? or is it something that I have to live with.  It does not seem right, if the item is perfect but the buyer has not checked the measurements.

To add to this I have had 4 emails telling me that the item is faulty and they want a refund, I have gone into a panic thinking of my feedback and given the buyers the full refund without the return of the item. 

I now know how foolish  I have been, has any one else suddenly had this problem?

Today after my second offical request and one unofficial request to return an item, plus one who had said that the item is in appalling condition (??) and wanted a refund which I did give to her.  I am beginning to think that maybe I should stop selling.

Is anyone else having these problems.  Colleen

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Coleen, I looked at a couple of your listings and you have an unconditional 7 day return policy (buyer pays post).

If you want to stand your ground against returns for non-fit you need to add a detailed return policy to the returns sections of your listings. 

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Problem is buyers are learning that if they select problem with item, return post becomes sellers cost without any onus to prove there was anything wrong with item. Then seller has two options, pay for return or refund without return. Even if there is actually nothing wrong with it. It is purely buyers say so.

Given my cost price is equal or less than return post in most cases what is the point paying further to get it back, especially if genuinely faulty.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 10 of 20
Latest reply