Need a suggestion on "item not as described"

yum_pc
Community Member

I am selling memory card  and meet a case recently. A buyer opened a dispute on PayPal(I guess) and claiming "item not as described". 

The buyer used left picture to claim the memory card was defective in the same day he received the memory card. I sent him a new and sealed item. From the first picture he sent me, I found there is a coating peel off . In my experience, the coating is hard to peel of after hours of using. So I ask more pictures, 2 hours later the buyer sent me the right picture. It shocked me! The memory card was cut into half. This is the impossible status I sent to him.Capture.PNG

The buyer is now opening a dispute on PayPal and asking me for refunding. Anybody have similar experience on it?  Thank you.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Need a suggestion on "item not as described"

Possibly the one the buyer cut is an old, useless one they already had and is trying to replace it with a new one for free?

Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

I don't know if it is the magnification, but it looks old and dusty to me too, not new, so he might have indeed taken a photo of an old one he had.

Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

I think the fact that the buyer has personally destroyed the purchased item, voids any standard warranty on the item. 

Fight this case, I think you’ll win! 

Good luck. Please keep us updated.  

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

The buyer sent me the right picture with following words: I'd already thrown it in the bin but here are the pictures you requested. Regards

You can imagine my face when I was reading such message. If there are any sellers can provide replacement high value item without returning the defective one, I want the buyer let me know

Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

I will

Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

If you fail to get the negative feedback removed. Remember that you have a right to respond. Keep it polite, keep it factual.

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

Sheesh…. $248. That’s not to be sneezed at! 

Respond to the case by saying that the buyer has not followed the returns or warranty claim procedure. 
The buyer has destroyed the purchased item by cutting it in half, therefore a claim for return or  manufacture’s warranty is now void. (Provide photo’s sent to you, by  the buyer)

(Countess is actually pretty good at these sort or case responses, but you get the general idea). 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

Re the  -FB  ,   contact  CS via live Chat, make sure you request to contact an agent.

Advise the agent that the FB is defamatory, request they review ebay messages from the member, and  also advise them that the request for a refund is under dispute  (case #)  as the buyer claims he has totally destroyed the item prior to requesting refund.

Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

yum_pc
Community Member

Thanks for replying.

The feedback now has been removed, I am waiting for the next outcome.

Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

Keep an eye on it, it's been noted here before now that if a buyer gets the right CS rep it can be put back up. If it does you'll have to go back to CS and go through the whole rigmarole again.

Good luck with the dispute, as has been said before, you should win that as well but again it's probably not going to be straightforward.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 20 of 28
Latest reply