Negative Feedback on Closed Dispute

ancarswa
Community Member

About a month ago a buyer puts in a best offer which I accept but no payment is made. So after about 10 days and no reply to messages I open a non payment dispute. Still no payment so I close the dispute and get my fees back. 

Today the buyer leaves negative feedback. 

How can ebay allow the buyer to do this? 

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Negative Feedback on Closed Dispute

@queenslander-one wrote:

Welcome to the Club I had 5 Neutrals for the same reason Called Feebay the Helpless desk agreed it was unfair and would esculate it to have the 5 Removed did'nt happen so still have them. Items sent Registered Tracked Mail Australia Post still managed to lose them apprently. Of course may not have have shown as delivered if Postie did not get a signiture I wonder so buyer tried it on.

So you got your money back from AP.

Neutrals don't affect your percentage, btw. If I didn't get what I ordered, unless I got my money back, you wouldn't get a neutral from me. And depending on how you handled it, a neg would be a definite possibility.

Message 11 of 22
Latest reply

I thought I already changed my listing for the locks! Damn! They actually are genuine. Once I saw how well the original ones I had sold, I thought I'd get more.

Oh yes, no matter what anyone says to me in messages or feedback, I always remain professional and as neutral and facts-based as possible.

Message 12 of 22
Latest reply

I just had a look and there's no mention of any gift or me buying for a bag I never bought! That was on my initial listing a while back and was true. My current listings don't contain any of that wording that I can see.
Message 13 of 22
Latest reply

Oops, I just realised it was in the Condition section, not the description! Thank you!
Message 14 of 22
Latest reply

@kitty-kat-kollection wrote:
I just had a look and there's no mention of any gift or me buying for a bag I never bought! That was on my initial listing a while back and was true. My current listings don't contain any of that wording that I can see.

Maybe not now you've revised that listing, but the other one still mentions that it's a gift from a flight attendant friend, yet you have multiple for sale. That's one very generous flight attendant friend! It sounds so tacky and screams non genuine. Especially when you keep listing with the same photo. I have some items that are very similar in appearance, but I always take photos of every item, so the buyer knows they are getting the one in the photo.

If buyers think you got it for nothing, they don't expect to pay full price for it. Do yourself a favour and remove the mention of it being a gift.

Message 15 of 22
Latest reply

Ahhhh, I see what you mean. I've fixed that gift mention.

I never even thought to change the photos, as each item is exactly the same, and also because I take several photos of the items anyway.

My friend actually is extremely generous but she also spends half her life overseas and spends almost all her money on these items.
Message 16 of 22
Latest reply

Yes, ebay removed the negative feedback the day after I emailed them about it. But it should not have happened in the first place as you say.
Message 17 of 22
Latest reply

Thanks for that wasted comment Buyer got full refund so what you imply does not count. Of course i refunded even though Non Delivery was Certainly Not my Fault or the Buyers.

Message 18 of 22
Latest reply

Kitty the mention of a gift is still on the listing.

Brand new with no tags - given as a gift by my flight attendant friend

Selling so many with the same number says 'fake'

on the bottom besides the keyhole there should be stamped a unique lock number. ... On the replica the letters are not so clearly defined and embossed.

https://replicatelltale.com/handbags/padlock

Message 19 of 22
Latest reply

Dammit! I have removed the mention of the gift! Grrr.

I didn't know their numbers were supposed to be all different. I've actually never been asked if they are genuine.
Message 20 of 22
Latest reply