Never had so much mail go missing.

Anyone else had a spike in INR's . I sell low dollar stuff (Anything over $15 goes regod) and over the last 4 years I have had a handfull of INR's. This last 2 weeks has been a nightmare with 8 INR's . 

Just had the worst weekend for sales in a couple of years also - suppose that should fix the INR's.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

You must of heard of the post truck catching on fire out of WA perhaps your stuff was on that truck?

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Yup heard about that. No wonder our post is so high ... Australia Post trucks must be the most flamable in the world !!!! 

Its always a truck caught fire or a train derailed ...never  we just stuffed up ! 

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Stickers - it wasn't an actual Aus Post truck, but a contractor truck.

I lost 2 parcels in that fire, but because I had tracking, I will be reimbursed for the full amount of the orders, not just their standard cap of $50.00.

That truck was from the 27th of June, so if it's been in the last 2 weeks, there must be something else going on.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Just to add, that I've always found Aus Post to be really reliable.

I've had less than 10 items disappearing in 14 years of selling.

In saying that, I have started sending a lot more of my letter rate items as parcels in order to get a tracking number, especially as an order of just 2 covers can be over $45.00, so it's well worth paying the small difference in postage.

It really sucks that you're experiencing such a high rate of INR's though 😞

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Yeah we had a bunch of stuff on that truck, the driver should have acted quickly and put the fire out!

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

That is a really offensive comment....why would anyone assume that the driver is using drugs just because his truck catches fire.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Maybe the bong water got up your nose when you made this stupid post????

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

he obviously assumes the driver wasn't using whatever makes him a judgemental screaming demon.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@cushioncovers wrote:

Stickers - it wasn't an actual Aus Post truck, but a contractor truck.

I lost 2 parcels in that fire, but because I had tracking, I will be reimbursed for the full amount of the orders, not just their standard cap of $50.00.

That truck was from the 27th of June, so if it's been in the last 2 weeks, there must be something else going on.

Perhaps it's the AP sorting machines.  Apparently they can't read addresses/postcodes etc even if they are printed on an AP eParcel label.

I discovered a parcel that should have arrived today (so said tracking last Fri) sent from Sydney to Melbourne (arriving at you-know-where - Sunshine West) instead of turning up at my place today mysteriously turned tail and headed for Wodonga.  Sigh.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply