New CEO for Australia Post

All the ladies at my local PO were excited.  They believe there will some good changes coming along.

My personal wish is for the reintroduction of a cheaper 250 gram parcel for domestic and international so I can send my poster tubes with lower shipping.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/australia-post-appoints-christine-holgate-as-chief-execu...

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

250g parcels would be too popular and then they wouldn't make as much profit from every parcel, that's why Australia Post doesn't have them. 🙂
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Her salary at Blackmores is $900,000 plus $900,000 in short-term bonuses, plus a potential $1.8 million long-term bonuses a total potential income of $3.6 million

Oh yeah, that's a whole lot better than Ahmed Fahour's salary.....NOT 

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I also heard on the ABC news today she wouldn't be getting the outrageous pay the previous CEO got. Something in the order of $1.2 million pa, which I heard is a downward step from her current job (CEO of Blackmores).

I also wish they would reintroduce the 250g parcel rate, but it is not going to happen.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Her salary at Blackmores is $900,000 plus $900,000 in short-term bonuses, plus a potential $1.8 million long-term bonuses a total potential income of $3.6 million

Oh yeah, that's a whole lot better than Ahmed Fahour's salary.....NOT 

I'm not sure what her salary at Blackmore's has to do with her salary at AP. Which has been quoted as $1.35m with a potential $1.35m in bonuses. Half what Ahmed took away last year.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

My most sincerest apologies, Dave.

I  C & P'd the wrong paragraph, try this one -

Ms Holgate will be paid a more modest base salary of $1.4 million, with a potential $1.4 million bonus that would double her earnings to $2.8 million which means that, like Mr Fahour, she will be Australia's highest paid public servant.

Still waaaay too much money IMO

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I can only hope this puts a curb on the strategy that saw drastic reductions in service standards but dramatic increases to prices. I tend to think reintroduction of services is probably unlikely, but at least she's got some history with eCommerce, dealing with tangible products. 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply