I have lots of clothes fabric cut in average lengths of 3 to 4 metres. Would anyone sell it for me?

beryri-0
Community Member

I have a huge amount of new clothes fabric cut in average lengths of 3 to 4 metres and longer. All pieces are in plastic sealable bags with sizes noted. There are cotton fabrics, chiffon, silk, stretch, mesh, lace, lining, fusible interlining and non fusible interlining. There are also lace trims, trims, ribbons, buttons, shoulder pads, zippers, zipper ends, elastics, lingere elastics, lingere fabric, bra wires, hooks and rings. The stretch fabric has been washed. Is there an experienced seller who would like to sell my items for me? I live in Werribee. Thanks Bev

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have lots of clothes fabric cut in average lengths of 3 to 4 metres. Would anyone sell it for me?

Thanks everyone who showed an interest in this thread.

I tried contacting three trading assistants and not one of them bothered to get back to me. Very disappointing to say the least.

I have found a market where I can sell the fabric. 

I still have a heap of books and hair products so I might try the Valet service after all. I've given up on trying to give the job to assistants.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You need to look for an ebay Trading Assistant, but be aware that you will lose quite a bit in the TA's fees.   Do NOT fall for the ebay Valet service...it is diabolical.

Have you thought about selling them yourself?

BTW this is considered advertising and is not allowed on the boards.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks for your help.

I'm very sorry if I've offended anyone by my post. I didn't mean to do the wrong thing.

How to I find an eBay trading assistant ? I'm happy to pay the fees, as I don't have time to sell the items myself, at all - there is so much stuff to sell.

Thanks for the warning about eBay Valet. I was just about to use eBay Valet for two 20 kilo boxes of other items (not fabric) which have bar codes. I can't sell the fabric and sewing items through eBay Valet as they don't have barcodes and Ebay Valet only accepts items with barcodes.  Now it seems I need a trading assistant to sell everything. I really need help. Why do you say not to use eBay Valet?

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

This thread is worth reading aout ebay valet

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/eBay-Valet/m-p/2018495#M146373

Don't use it.  

And here's the rub - all boardies take note

There is no longer a link for a trading assistant.

It has been replaced with their valet service!!!

If anyone else can find a link to trading assistants, please let us know

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

This is a link to the search page, where you can enter your postcode and ebay will return any results of trading assistants near you:

http://tradingassistant.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?TradingAssistant&page=main

Unfortunately the other links for further information relating to trading assistants (how it works etc), now redirect to the valet service information page ( sidenote, eBay - really? Smiley Surprised Smiley Mad ).

Definitely read the thread stawka linked to. 

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Good link Digi.   

I must admit I thought it would lead back to the Valet Service. 

But I entered my details and it gave me some trading assistants.

Even googling ebay trading assistants leads you back to the valet service.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Thank you very much for the link.

There seems to only be one assistant on my side of town. I have contacted that seller and am waiting for a reply.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

It might be worth posting a note at kindies and child care centres. There may be a few stay at home mums who might appreciate the opportunity to sell your items on a commision basis.

I had a similar arrangement with a young mum a few years ago. From memory I think we deducted the ebay costs and then split the profits 60/40 my way. This was for items which would have averaged around $20 sale price, so the assistant was probably making an average of $8 per sale with no expenses. It worked very well for both of us. 

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

If you're on Facebook, try joining the buy, swap and sell sites (there are always multiples for nearly every area) and put an ad on them asking if someone would be interested in selling them on eBay for you. As mentioned, there could be a new mum that wants to make a few bucks and would be happy to do it.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Or someone who needs the fabric for their craft projects & would give you a fair price per bulk lot? I recently sold a number of boxlots of my antique glass collection to a reseller after I listed in a F/B group near me! They enquired; Made a time; Paid cash & it was gone! (Without any fees! either!) & I'm only new to F/B so wasn't even sure of how to do things! Pretty easy!

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply