New Negative to Try to Save Customer on Postage

I have today received my 2nd Negative, totally devastated as all honest sellers are when it happens.LOL

Just wanted to see what other sellers do in this case.

These were a 4 set paid of baby socks in packaging.

I have sold a lot of these by advising buyers they would be Flat Packed with Packing to save them post and have never had a problem beofre

The saving being $3.50 Post to the higher 7.95 postage, if not flat packed!

Customer advised I had misrepresented the listing, even thougt the listing stated " Items would be Flat packed with Pagaing to save you on post"!!

I therefore pack the socks in a new cellaphane self seal plastic, and arrange the socks flat and include the packaging.

Can anyone advise if they do the same thing and if not stating " Item will be sent Flat Packed with Packaging"  

Do I need to add something else to explain how they will be packed to the listing.

Any help with this would be greatly apprecaited

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: New Negative to Try to Save Customer on Postage

Thanks all for you feedback and comments I will take them all into consideration if offering this type postage again.

Don;t think I will thought will just increase the postage to the Parcel rate.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Not sure if it's been suggested already, but why not have 2 different listings? One new without tags that go flat packed for the cheaper rate and the other new with tags at parcel rate for those that prefer them with the tag still on. That way buyers have a choice and there should be no more mix ups.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

I had the same dilemma recently with a different product (I didn't receive a negative, but the item in question wouldn't fit through the letter gauge in its packaging, but would fit through without it).

I opted to go for "subsidised" postage (put part of the amount of the postage in the item price, so then the postage cost doesn't look so steep). Also offered a combined postage discount.

You could also opt to sell more socks in one listing to make the postage more economical.

Tippy's plan is not a bad one, but everything I sell is new and in packaging so I think having a listing where it ISN'T would confuse my buyers, because there is that expectation. We know many buyers don't read descriptions. They just see the cheaper postage price and off they go (at least you could have the negative removed under Tippy's plan, though).

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply