New Seller features

I was reading some Announcements on the US boards (as they never seem to make any announcements here) and eBay US is trialling a couple of new seller features. I would love to see both!

Two new features are rolling out this week in Seller Hub.

Edit Price, Quantity & Custom Labels

You’ve asked for the ability to edit listings directly from the active listings page in Seller Hub for awhile now. Good news. We’re rolling out a staggered release of this feature, one that will allow you to edit price, quantity, and custom labels for all listings right from the active listings page. We plan to introduce this time-saving feature to additional sellers in the coming months.

To try out our new feature, hover over price, quantity, or custom label fields and click the pencil icon to add or edit. Your listing will be updated when you save.

Make Offers to Watchers

Sellers have also reached out to us asking for the ability to make offers to Watchers, AKA potential buyers who are watching their items. We heard you, and we’re making it happen. With this new feature, you’ll have another tool to help close potential sales.

Like our other new feature, we’re testing this one out with a small group of sellers to ensure a great experience for everyone involved. If testing goes well, we plan to make this feature available to all sellers in the coming months.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Seller-Hub-Updates-for-Active-Listings/ba-p/29158673

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: New Seller features

@Anonymous wrote:

Jeez Ghost. You are reacting like yank...lol

OK now I am curious.

If one is not checking out the competition, planning to buy an item or

planning to repurchase an item then why have it on a watch list ?

For a bet or just coz and that's my secret business.

I had one of Digi's listings on my Watch List for ages until it was sold.  I loved it but it was not a piece of jewellery that would fit in with my other pieces.  I marvelled at the skill that could produce such a piece.

I also had a piece of antique jewellery on my List for about 2 years until the seller removed it.  It was an exquisite seed pearl and turquoise pendant that I lusted after but I would have needed a mortgage to be able to afford it.

We all use our Watch Lists for different reasons....those are two of my reasons.   Most of the other items on my Watch List  are there for very ordinary reasons such as being suitable for gifts, wanting or needing them for myself or wanting to investigate the seller's other items.

Message 31 of 39
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

This is old news anyway at Sun Aug 26 2018

However, this particular feature is available only to sellers who use "My eBay > Selling" -

in other words, it's not available to those using Seller Hub.

No future fun for me then.

It's quite easy to go to My eBay > Selling,(in Seller Hub select Overview and under Selling Tools select View My

eBay selling),good.gif

Message 32 of 39
Latest reply

Knowing how many sellers are hung up on counting the number of watchers they have, as though their very life depended on it, and knowing how people hate all the spam emails they already get from ebay, I'd say that being able to send offers to watchers will fall flat on its face.

I've seen discussions on other sites where people don't like getting messages about items they're watching, but I'd say the worst thing about sending offers is that it smacks of desperation. In my experience, the more desperate a seller seems, the less sales they're likely to get.

I think it's just part of ebay's 'race to the bottom'. Make a few quick bucks in fees today and don't worry about tomorrow has always been their motto but it's getting worse and worse.

I'm pretty sure if you reduce the price of an item all watchers already get an email telling them so. I've had a few such emails when sellers have reduced the price of an item and I don't have a lot in my watchlist so I assume everyone gets an email when it happens. I think that's less intrusive than sending an offer.
Message 33 of 39
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Extremely valid point Go_tazz.

In my case I guess I wouldn't want my competitors to know that

I was watching them.

I am pretty sure that sellers won't ever get to know the buyer ID's

if for no other reason than to prevent trading outside of eBay.

Message 34 of 39
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I don't use scare tactics especially the '1 in 4 homes will be attacked' that is in fact

a truncated version of the actual statistic which reads

'1 in 4 homes will be attacked over the life of a home' so your actual chances of being attacked on
an annual basic are 
about 1 in 300

Message 35 of 39
Latest reply

The last thing you want to know is 9 of your 10 watchers are competitors and the other hasn't been active on ebay for 12months.

Message 36 of 39
Latest reply

Now you see it, now you don't!

I was so pleased to see that eBay had already implemented the new Edit feature to adjust price or quantity then went away to pack some parcels, came back and the option has disappeared  😄

Message 37 of 39
Latest reply

I actually received one of these offers yesterday from the seller of an item I'm watching.

As usual, eBay can't even get the basics right.  Item I'm watching is $750, seller offered it to their watchers for $100 less ($650), but the email I received had the subject line "Seller offered a special discount of AU $650.00 on..." and the name of the item.

It's just sloppy, sloppy coding (or wording) from eBay.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 38 of 39
Latest reply

My concern is (and all my listings are 'BIN or make an offer') that if I initiate the offer process then I have ostensibly reduced my BIN price and leave it open for the Watcher to make a counter-offer, lower than perhaps where he might have started from without the price reduction.

And then I’m not clear as to what advice the Seller gets after the offer has been sent to Watchers.  Because in my experience it was NIL but I’m not sure that I did it right.

And if it is NIL, then how do I know that the person who might subsequently be negotiating with me is one of the Watchers that I’d already sent a reduced price to.  Eg BIN price is $200.  I reduce it to $150 for Watchers.  I then get an offer for $145.  I counter with $180, like any good negotiator might.  But the Offerer just sees that as a scam because he already knows I was prepared to let it go for $150.

Message 39 of 39
Latest reply