New Seller features

I was reading some Announcements on the US boards (as they never seem to make any announcements here) and eBay US is trialling a couple of new seller features. I would love to see both!

Two new features are rolling out this week in Seller Hub.

Edit Price, Quantity & Custom Labels

You’ve asked for the ability to edit listings directly from the active listings page in Seller Hub for awhile now. Good news. We’re rolling out a staggered release of this feature, one that will allow you to edit price, quantity, and custom labels for all listings right from the active listings page. We plan to introduce this time-saving feature to additional sellers in the coming months.

To try out our new feature, hover over price, quantity, or custom label fields and click the pencil icon to add or edit. Your listing will be updated when you save.

Make Offers to Watchers

Sellers have also reached out to us asking for the ability to make offers to Watchers, AKA potential buyers who are watching their items. We heard you, and we’re making it happen. With this new feature, you’ll have another tool to help close potential sales.

Like our other new feature, we’re testing this one out with a small group of sellers to ensure a great experience for everyone involved. If testing goes well, we plan to make this feature available to all sellers in the coming months.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Seller-Hub-Updates-for-Active-Listings/ba-p/29158673

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

New Seller features

On my Active Listings page in Seller Hub (which I prefer not to use) I have -

Top right - an Edit Mode' button, which allows Custom Labels to be edited, and

To the left of each listing - an Edit option.

I am not sure what the US is offering that is different or better than those.

My prices are what I want and expect for my items, so I don't generally offer 'Make an Offer'. I am certainly not interested in offering deals to watchers.

For me, neither of the new US features is of value.

Message 2 of 39
Latest reply

New Seller features

Almost feel sorry for the buyers who may have quite a number of items on their watch lists.

I certainly wouldn't be buying anything if I kept getting floods of emails from sellers wanting to make a sale.

I also wouldn't be contacting the buyer with an offer...if they want the item, they will buy it. If they want to make an offer, I will soon hear from them!
Message 3 of 39
Latest reply

New Seller features

We're happy with the current edit function in selller hub which allows us to edit (or bulk edit) items and we don't use custom labels.

As many watchers (in our category at least) are probably sellers with similar items, the make an offer would only annoy them.
Message 4 of 39
Latest reply

New Seller features

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do hope you will be able to 'see' who is watching your listings.

If you don't want to be flooded with offers then the remedy is as easy as taking the item off your watch list.

I don't see anything wrong with make a watcher an offer. If they are not spying then a watcher might like

to receive an offer rather than pushing the Make an Offer button.

Message 5 of 39
Latest reply

New Seller features

Oh lord!

I watch items for all sorts of reasons, only one of them being that I may possibly at some point be interested in buying the item.

Were I to be inundated with offers from sellers re any item that I'm watching, it would make me feel as though slugs were sliming over my skin, or as though voyeurs were twitching away the curtain while I was expecting privacy.

Message 6 of 39
Latest reply

New Seller features

As a buyer, I'd prefer to remain anonymous if I am watching an item.

But that doesn't mean I might not welcome an offer. If sellers could somehow send a private message/offer to all those on their watch list, without the process necessarily revealing actual ID's, then I would be okay with it.

Of course ID would show up if a watcher responded but that's okay, that's different, it's a sale.

If it became too common though that sellers sent offers to watchers, I am just wondering if that could stop some people bidding or buying immediately? Might you get some people who put things in watch lists, hoping to see if they can get a better deal?

If ebay does introduce it, it might be best if limited to those items that are actually listed with 'make an offer'.

Message 7 of 39
Latest reply

New Seller features

Anonymous
Not applicable

If my watchers are not interested in buying then I love the idea of

putting slugs on their skin...lol
I mainly watch competitors or items I have purchased ( so that it's

easier to return for a repeat purchase later ).

If buyers interested in your item get the idea that watching might

result in direct offer being made to them then all the better. 

Message 8 of 39
Latest reply

New Seller features

I can almost guarantee seller's will not know who is watching their items or have the opportuity to message them directly. Etsy has a similar feature, where you can set up a coupon code and have it sent to people who have your items in their cart, or who favourited items, but you don't know who it gets sent to (unless they use the code). 

It's not a feature I would ever use, because if I was prepared to have offers on my items, I would have offers on my items. It also feels spammy and intrusive to me, especially if buyers are not given the opportunity to opt in / out of receiving seller offers. People are already sick of all the spam eBay send about the items they looked at, watched or have in their carts. The converse of that is also the effect of buyers learning that watching items instead of buying them means they might get a cheaper price. 

Message 9 of 39
Latest reply

New Seller features

That's exactly it, digital*ghost.

I'd be looking for the e-equivalent of the Do Not Call register and No Hawkers, Please - Salespeople, Please Note, No Unsolicited Offers sign.

Message 10 of 39
Latest reply